Tyler Styer and Zach Marquardt tummble on the tundra Aug 29th & 30th

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There will be an epic battle in Wisconsin this Thursday and Friday. Tyler Styer has stepped up to the plate to take on Zach Marquardt's challenge that he would play anyone in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa or the Midwest as far as that goes, race to 100 with $2,000.00 in the middle. Tyler has a placed etched in the books as one of the best young players around the country from his outstanding play as one of the 5 Mosconi cup players where he silenced all doubters by proving he belonged with some outstanding play. Then there is Zach Marquardt that at times during his pool career is capable of just about hanging with anyone in the country. He has just recently opened up Zach's Action Pit Billiards Arena & Christina's Cuban Cuisine. This place is beautiful and if you are coming thru Green Bay and want some great food and maybe play a little pool this place is a must. Tyler is playing the best pool of his life. On the other hand I've seen with my own eyes while Zach was with me on the road, play as good as anyone in the world. This is going to be a great match to watch with some great pool from both sides. I don't have a dog in this fight and I admire both of these players. Trying to get it set up to stream right now and maybe I can do a little commentating during the match. :thumbup:

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Tyler is playing the best pool of his life. On the other hand I've seen with my own eyes while Zach was with me on the road, play as good as anyone in the world.

I've never heard of Zach, but if this is true, Tyler needs a lot of weight, because even his "A" game is not good enough to hang with the most elite in a long match. Then again, a race to 100 for $1,000 must be the smallest ever bet on a race of this length, so maybe this is just a good tune-up for the Mosconi.

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is it possible its 20k in the middle vs. 2k? Did Gene leave off a zero?

No, that was correct.

Not the biggest bet ever, but someone still walks away up 1k....I am guessing they are putting up there own, which is often not the case in the ‘bigger’ and more publicized matches.

Last edited:

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never heard of Zach, but if this is true, Tyler needs a lot of weight, because even his "A" game is not good enough to hang with the most elite in a long match. Then again, a race to 100 for $1,000 must be the smallest ever bet on a race of this length, so maybe this is just a good tune-up for the Mosconi.

Road players and hyperbole go together like...stuff that goes together.

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, that was correct.

Not the biggest bet ever, but someone still walks away up 1k....I am guessing they are putting up there own, which is often not the case in the ‘bigger’ and more publicized matches.

Playing for table time
:)

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Playing for table time
:)

Pretty much. But considering Zack owns the room, he will probably cut himself a break. :tongue: .Just charge Tyler $19/hour for time, and Zack will come out ok on the deal...especially if he wins the match.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You would have invented Facebook if you invented Facebook. Tyler Styer is Tyler Styer for a reason, and this guy isn't for a reason.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good promotion for a new room.

To guys from the same place playing a long session
to see whos the best in this small moment in time.

The $ in the middle is really not the point.

I like it!

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You think that Tyler Styer, who played pretty well at the Mosconi Cup last year, and has (3) top 10 finishes this year in major events.

Needs a lot of weight from a player you've never heard of?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
You think that Tyler Styer, who played pretty well at the Mosconi Cup last year, and has (3) top 10 finishes this year in major events.

Needs a lot of weight from a player you've never heard of?

Of course not. I was reacting to the original post that made it sound like Zach is a stiff test for any player alive.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good promotion for a new room.

To guys from the same place playing a long session
to see whos the best in this small moment in time.

The $ in the middle is really not the point.

I like it!

As a rail bird or someone watching a live stream, the $$$ thats claimed to be or 5he $$$ that's actually in the middle shouldn't matter but, it does to some and for many different reasons.

Me? Lol....I couldn't care less about the cash in the middle, no matter who is playing unless part of that cash is mine.

At best it's cheap to free entertainment. At the worst, it's cheap to free entertainment.

Anyone that doesn't have cash in the game and doesn't look at it as cheap to free, well, they've got issues.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
As a rail bird or someone watching a live stream, the $$$ thats claimed to be or 5he $$$ that's actually in the middle shouldn't matter but, it does to some and for many different reasons.

Me? Lol....I couldn't care less about the cash in the middle, no matter who is playing unless part of that cash is mine.

At best it's cheap to free entertainment. At the worst, it's cheap to free entertainment.

Anyone that doesn't have cash in the game and doesn't look at it as cheap to free, well, they've got issues.

There's some truth in this, and it's your right to not care one way or another.

That said, though, there can be no denying that when a streamed match is sold, the size of the bet is, to most would-be buyers, a selling point, and to misrepresent it is, false advertising. That makes it both unethical and illegal.