2011 DCC - Who's in from AZB this year?

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why doesn't there seem to be much interest this year?

Fred <~~~ can't imagine not going

IU Ames Mister

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't Wait

Just booked my room! I believe this will be my 4th DCC. They keep getting better and better!

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya think that goatee no talent from last year will still be working there near the action room?

I say 3:1 against. :D

(BTW, I tip well dammit!)

not sure there is going to be an action room like last year.

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
will it cost $25 again to watch two guys that werent supposed to be there in the first place, gamble and hog the table for two hours?
the room moderator , whoever it was supposed to be, wasnt around
the guys in question, a 12 year old & an old man didnt particularly like the way i mentioned the purpose of the az room
so i felt it best for me to leave rather than get redneck ugly:thumbup:

brenster> keeping his $25 this year for other amusement at the derby

Steppo

That's my Bourbon
Silver Member
See you there.

Brent,
I had a blast last year. We'll be there on Friday.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I'm far from a regular poster here anymore, but I will be at the DCC this year during the first and 2nd weekends. Really looking forward to it as I do every year.

daylate$short

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
will it cost $25 again to watch two guys that werent supposed to be there in the first place, gamble and hog the table for two hours?
the room moderator , whoever it was supposed to be, wasnt around
the guys in question, a 12 year old & an old man didnt particularly like the way i mentioned the purpose of the az room
so i felt it best for me to leave rather than get redneck ugly:thumbup:

brenster> keeping his $25 this year for other amusement at the derby

Brent: I know what you mean. I had much the same experience once last year, it was in the morning, and I think the players had been there for quite a while (overnight). It was Saturday morning, I think. Anyway, I have been a supporter of the Room for the last 4 years, and this is the first year I actually played more than a few games in the Room. But I made up for it this year. One time I was paired up with a young lady in a Scotch Doubles 8-ball game against a couple other guys, when the BLACK WIDOW walked in and wanted to practice before a money match in the TAR room. At the time, I was telling my partner what I thought she should do, and the pattern I felt would give us the best chance to get out, when Jeanette asked WHY I had chosen that path. I explained my thoughts, and she said OK, but that's not the best way. Well, I've been reliving that game for a year (we did manage to win:smile:, but my pattern was not "the best", in fact it was ill conceived), when we won, Jeanette played my partner, and then warmed up for her match. I had a great time, and met some great people, including YOU! I hope to go again in 2011, but it's still up in the air. I WILL send my money even if I don't go! The AZ/OP Room is just too good to pass up if you're there already!
Hope to see you again, in or out of the Room!

Charlie

P. S. I LOVE Butterflies!

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
Brent: I know what you mean. I had much the same experience once last year, it was in the morning, and I think the players had been there for quite a while (overnight). It was Saturday morning, I think. Anyway, I have been a supporter of the Room for the last 4 years, and this is the first year I actually played more than a few games in the Room. But I made up for it this year. One time I was paired up with a young lady in a Scotch Doubles 8-ball game against a couple other guys, when the BLACK WIDOW walked in and wanted to practice before a money match in the TAR room. At the time, I was telling my partner what I thought she should do, and the pattern I felt would give us the best chance to get out, when Jeanette asked WHY I had chosen that path. I explained my thoughts, and she said OK, but that's not the best way. Well, I've been reliving that game for a year (we did manage to win:smile:, but my pattern was not "the best", in fact it was ill conceived), when we won, Jeanette played my partner, and then warmed up for her match. I had a great time, and met some great people, including YOU! I hope to go again in 2011, but it's still up in the air. I WILL send my money even if I don't go! The AZ/OP Room is just too good to pass up if you're there already!
Hope to see you again, in or out of the Room!

Charlie

P. S. I LOVE Butterflies!
hi charlie
yes, i remember you
hope to see you again

"Popeye"

living vicariously
Silver Member
I just booked my hotel; Jan 21-24. Playing in the banks. One day, I hope to stay for the whole event. Last year was a blast!
Cheers, Mark