I'm Going to Tunica

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn! I may have to try to get to this one.

You better. I'm calling in all the troops. This is going to be the Big Kahuna of pool events, if I have anything to say about it. One thing for sure, we will be entertained and have fun! That, I can guarantee you! :wink:

JG-in-KY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I was up in the air about going, but if JAM and Keith are going I am going to try my best to be there! I have a lot of memories in Tunica. Some of them good!:thumbup:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I was up in the air about going, but if JAM and Keith are going I am going to try my best to be there! I have a lot of memories in Tunica. Some of them good!:thumbup:

Yes, do come. The more the merrier! :cool:

Wouldn't it be cool if somebody makes a good score?! Last time we went to the craps table, we were on a roll, to the tune of 15 dimes! Started out with a $300 budget and watched it grow! ;)

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
It sure is fun seeing you enthused about something related to pool, JAM.

:thumbup:

I've never had an urge to go to Mississippi for anything, but reading this makes me wish I had the time and do-ray-me. Have a great time, make some reports here, and don't forget that camera. :p

JG-in-KY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, do come. The more the merrier! :cool:

Wouldn't it be cool if somebody makes a good score?! Last time we went to the craps table, we were on a roll, to the tune of 15 dimes! Started out with a $300 budget and watched it grow! ;)

Used to make the 7 hour trip frequently with my not so silent partner....he was a high rolling "Chicken Fighter" who loved the dice. With the exception of one time, we were up 5 figures within 3 or 4 hours. To sum it up....the trip home was a whole lot longer!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Read all about it: Southern Classic in July 20-28, 2012

Is Greg Sullivan associated with this? He's my favorite pool industry member. If Greg is involved with this, then, by golly, I'm in like Flynn. :smiling-heart:

When you wake up today, you will read it here first, Keith: We're going to Tunica. ;)

Who is Chad Scharlow?

Ain't nothing better than Beautiful Dixie for a pool tournament! :cool:

Jennie Ann <---On the road again in July and will be lovin' it! :wink2:
To fill in some blanks, Chad is Greg's nephew. He's also the VP of Diamond, and part owner. Chad is the person most responsible for the day to day operations of the Diamond factory and is involved with Diamond in every respect.

Glen

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
3686965566_c1b9c2ce70.jpg

Chad is the handsome devil! He's Greg's partner in Diamond. He's the brains and Greg's the muscle. :thumbup:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wish you were coming, K.C. You got time to plan for this. Make it happen, dag nab it! :p

Oh, he'll be hitting 'em for sure. I read there will be a lot of bar boxes, and that's his specialty. :wink:

I hope they have an action table. Are you reading this, Greg? :angel:

My work is a ball and chain, but I will find a way to make this event work for us. It is difficult for me to be away from my job for an extended period of time, but I have a work associate who owes me a favor. I covered his jobs when he went to Europe for 2 weeks. Now it's my turn. I'm calling in my favor, so I can go to Tunica. :p

I might even rent a Cadillac for the road trip. I'm going first class all the way for this one. I'm going to be Riding with the King! ;)

It's been a long while since we've been on the road, and the horse needs to get out of the barn and run. What better place to sow your wild oats than Tunica, I say! :)

Tunica or bust! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

What have you been smokin'? You sound like Road Woman herself!
Action Table? Try 30 or 40! Tell Keith to unlimber that stroke of his. People will be watching his every move, the legendary Keither With The Ether!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if everything works out right Fatboy just might be able to do a l' something there. Mr Greg was kind enuff to call me about this last week. I'll know soon and yay or nay it real soon. I'm hopeing its a yay!!!:thumbup:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What have you been smokin'? You sound like Road Woman herself!

I'm a professional road woman. What can I say?! :D

Unfortunately for Keith, I need to drive. I cannot take a plane. :eek:

jay helfert said:
Action Table? Try 30 or 40! Tell Keith to unlimber that stroke of his. People will be watching his every move, the legendary Keither With The Ether!

I was kind of thinking like a Challenge Table, like the one they have a Super Billiards Expo, where there's a list of challengers. We call it the "Action Table." The rail can make bets on the breaker or the racker. I can't imagine 30 or 40 tables like that, but nothing surprises me when it comes to the South. I love the South. :smiling-heart:

BTW, I checked out the hotel rates online, and they're EXCELLENT. What's the difference between the Veranda Hotel and the Terrace Hotel, I wonder? Horseshoe Tunica

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
how about you and Keith come to SBE!!!

Working on that right now. Keith may go without me. I have work, but there's a New Orleans friend coming up, and they may go together. It's only about a 2-1/2-hour drive from where we live. It's a beautiful area and nice time of year! :)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Used to make the 7 hour trip frequently with my not so silent partner....he was a high rolling "Chicken Fighter" who loved the dice. With the exception of one time, we were up 5 figures within 3 or 4 hours. To sum it up....the trip home was a whole lot longer!

I hate those long trips home. Been there and done that! ;)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It sure is fun seeing you enthused about something related to pool, JAM.

:thumbup:

I've never had an urge to go to Mississippi for anything, but reading this makes me wish I had the time and do-ray-me. Have a great time, make some reports here, and don't forget that camera. :p

You can come join the fun, too, you know. Try to make it happen. You're one of my favorite AzB-ers.

BTW, HP laptops have Beats audio. My brother just bought one, and I'm looking to get me a desktop with the Beats. I'm shopping online for one now, hoping to get a good deal!

Come to Tunica! :)

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good deal, I'm happy to hear it!

Means I get another chance at some more photos......6 years is way too long!

141726926.jpg

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good deal, I'm happy to hear it!

Means I get another chance at some more photos......6 years is way too long!

Rick, it's hard to believe it's been 6 years. Wow! It will be really cool to talk to you in person instead of online or e-mail. First coffee is on me! :)

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
Rick, it's hard to believe it's been 6 years. Wow! It will be really cool to talk to you in person instead of online or e-mail. First coffee is on me! :)

By the way, great to hear that you & Mr. Earthquake will be coming. :happydance: You two have been sorely missed in pool scenes.

S.G.

Reactions: JAM