Best hitting cue you ever played with.

97Buick22

Go Blackhawks!
Silver Member
I agree, Leonard made a heckofacue....my World Championships win was with a Leonard Bludworth "Blud Dot" cue.

I actually have a nice Buld dot cue for sale...I'll post it when I get a chance. Should go quickly....

Last edited:

bcsnave

off the rail
Silver Member
Any from Wisconsin

Pechauer, Schon, McDemott, Jacoby, Viking, Schmelke...

Actually my Pechauer P-10 with a 12.5mm Pro taper..hits fantastic. Good feel..hit and feedback.... not the most expensive...but nice ..NICE cue (and good looks)

YBA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snooker: John Parris from the 90s.

8/9 ball: my new BlackPearl hits very solid. Better than anything I've hit in my short 9 ball life.

bflgvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been playing with a TAD with his standard stainless joint 5/16 18 pin since around 1993. I haven't found anything that I like better.

"And that's all there is, there is no more."

dkjshark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my vote for best hitting cue

My vote is for cognoscenti. I have owned 2 and I think they are the best hitting cues at any price.

Taken

Registered
First post and first reply

In my opinion, tried almost every production cues on the marget from OB to pred to lucasi and Mezz and have been trying a little custom cues such as JD, Linds, Musashi(mostly Asian custom as i reside in Asia). The best by far will be Al bautista in terms of playabilty!!

swest

goldmember
Silver Member
As I'm sure I mentioned in all those other threads about the best hitting cues, the best hitting cue that ever was, or will be, is my 2008 Whisler.

There, now you can close this thread.:grin:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
My thomas wayne i had back in 2005 great player and not too fancy it was quiet and stiff

I know it's a Sophie's choice for you to chose between two cue makers you represent but you only get one choice in this poll as your one keeper if you could only have one.

So you will need to choose one maker over the other. Maybe flip a coin? :)

I think Thomas needs a vote since I invalidated Chamberlain's suspect one. You have praised both Thomas Wayne and Richard Black cues for years here but Chamberlain has never mentioned Thomas Wayne before. So given that Chamberlain has never once shown any love for Thomas Wayne cues I decided to not accept his "vote". I am not sure he has ever even hit a ball with a TW but if he has he certainly hasn't told anyone before now.

So if you would like to change your vote from Black to Wayne please tell me and I will do it.

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This Jim Baxter cue has been my playing cue since June of last year and it is my right arm and gets my vote. I also own several meucci cues several helmstetters, a hubler or two, a couple pechauers, two predators oh and two old adams. Oh and two more baxters

JAlan

Gerbil Jeff
Silver Member
Nice post JB. Before I cast my vote I will say this....I think players today are a LOT more fortunate than players 15 or even 10 years ago when it comes to cue selection. I played a LOT of pool back in my college days in the late 80s and early 90s, was a cue nut back then and even built 30 or 40 cues or so around the late 90s early 2000s. Being a cue nut, I tried just about every cue around back then and Southwest seemed to be my cue of choice.

Around eleven or twelve years ago I got away from the game pretty much altogether, and only started playing again last year. I got to say, I am blown away by how many cue makers are turning out damn nice cues nowadays. It's crazy! I've had probably 20 or 30 different cues now since I came back and sooooo many of them played good. We as players should consider ourselves very fortunate to have so many good makers around, not to mention so many good production cue makers.

My hats off to all you cue makers, builders, assemblers, factories, etc. I know many in the business do it out of love, not for the money, so thanks y'all!

This Buds for you my friends!

But I do have to vote, and I will say my vote is for Sugartree cues by Eric Crisp. I recently received one of his on trade and after playing with it for a few hours I honestly gotta say its the best playing cue I have ever held, and believe me I've held and played with a lot. Like many cues the hit is great, balance is awesome, etc etc...but this Sugartree just has something else. I wish I could describe it, if I come up with the words ill come back and edit this post.

Play well my friends.

Jeff

pwmike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best hitting cue

I have a 1972 Tad from 1st brochure.It the 2nd cue from left.I has all Tiger forearm and points.SS joint and ivory ferrules.It plays amazing.So this is the best hitting cue.