Best hitting cue you ever played with.

cwalker

http://www.lowbird.com/da
Silver Member
>>>>>>>>>>

JIM PIERCE for me hands down played with alot of cues but for me this is as good as it gets. Can't wait to get my new one I have coming.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The best hitting cue I ever played with was a Hightower Cue I built for an elderly gentleman named Floyd back in Missouri. I wished many times that cue had not already been promised to him when I completed it and hit balls with it. That cue played better than the one I built for myself and play with.

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd say Sugartree, Mottey, or Bender.

But since I've gotten rid of everything but the Sugartree, I suppose that's my answer! ;-)

Walkermine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know it's a Sophie's choice for you to chose between two cue makers you represent but you only get one choice in this poll as your one keeper if you could only have one.

So you will need to choose one maker over the other. Maybe flip a coin? :)

I think Thomas needs a vote since I invalidated Chamberlain's suspect one. You have praised both Thomas Wayne and Richard Black cues for years here but Chamberlain has never mentioned Thomas Wayne before. So given that Chamberlain has never once shown any love for Thomas Wayne cues I decided to not accept his "vote". I am not sure he has ever even hit a ball with a TW but if he has he certainly hasn't told anyone before now.

So if you would like to change your vote from Black to Wayne please tell me and I will do it.

Are you able to validate? Really?

Last edited:

gascoigne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best hitting cue I have played with is my present cue...after searching and trying out countless cues, I have finally found it. My cue is a JD (Joel Davidas) custom cue fitted with an OB classic shaft. The reason it plays so well for me is the solid and crisp hit with LD plus the fact JD has a slim butt which is perfect for me. LOVE THE CUE!

seale1985

Banned
Best hitting cue I've ever had or used like bobby I've owned alot well
Over 100 customs and tried many more it would be hands down my
Ivory handled mike gulyassy which is my current playing cue and I'm not
Saying that cause mike is my sponsor its cause in my opinion its the best
There's a whole lot that are close. Yes all white is ivory the great white.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 498

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
I replied a couple months ago in this thread that my BB RS3 with ferrule-less shafts was the best I had played. Now I'm going back and forth between my newish Mike Durbin and newer Bobby Hunter, both built on John Davis blanks. Both play lights out, amazing cues. I'm playing one for a week, then the other for a week. Still can't decide after a month.

daniels

Banned
Im switching my vote from Diveney to this gilbert!! After about 20 or so custom cues, finally found the hit i was looking for... So if JB updates this thread, put one down for Gilbert buddy....

Attachments

• gilbert&diviney 010.jpg
    gilbert&diviney 010.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 386
  • gilbert&diviney 005.jpg
    gilbert&diviney 005.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 385

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best hitting cue I ever played with was a Hightower Cue I built for an elderly gentleman named Floyd back in Missouri. I wished many times that cue had not already been promised to him when I completed it and hit balls with it. That cue played better than the one I built for myself and play with.

Ive wondered about you cue makers.

If I made cues, I would be broke because I probably wouldnt sell any....

Ken

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought I gave an answer when this came out, but it's not on this list.

My Chris Whitaker if the best I have played with. There's another guy that would agree with me that bought one last year, but I guess it should just count as once. He would also argue that it's not ALL just the Indian, as his game picked up quite a bit after he got his Chris Whitaker.

That being said, it is important to note that it's not ALL about the maker. It has much to do with the wood, quality of wood, how the woods work together, etc.

I love the Chris Whitaker that I have, but hit others that didn't quite feel right to me. Same with Sailor cues. I have 2 of them. One I had custom made that didn't quite have the feel that the one I bought from a friend had.