16 Men Left Standing at the Open

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched him play Corey-
11-1 …
Commenator stated Shaw been practicing 8 hours a day-
really showed too"
He missed 1 ball- actually miscued- and scratched...
Poor Corey couldn't get started at all in the match,
Shaw handily jump-banked a 1 ball for shape on the 2- to run out in 1 of the games
It ain't enough...........Filler is BBQing him 9-3!
Shaw was up 3-0 then fired at a 9-ball combo and missed.
Filler 9 games in a row; Kid looks so relaxed and calm.........

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler just ran out again and is on the Hill: 10-3!
Kid is in DEAD Stroke..........

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well put, JAM. you're quite a librettist.

i think i have seen aloysis yapp play, he was the bigger of the singaporian duo at WCoP last year?

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm on Shane's team here.

I would love it if Earl could have do it, but.

And Corry would be my other choice...

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
American pool is a lap down on the Asians and euros, sadly.

I hear you. I just like America to do well. This is the only sport I follow and like the "home team" does well. Plus I love the way those three men play (minus the melt downs one tends to have these days).

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
American pool is a lap down on the Asians and euros, sadly.
They are saying on the stream that the Kos and CJL went to the same school in Taiwan and played pool with a school sponsored program. That kind of formal training and competition growing up is incredible and a good reason why they're on top...among other things.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
This Sanchez Ruiz has game. I like the way he's breaking. With more power than some others tbis week. It's working out so far.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear you. I just like America to do well. This is the only sport I follow and like the "home team" does well. Plus I love the way those three men play (minus the melt downs one tends to have these days).

Trust me: you, JAM and I can form a barbershop quartet. Our first hit single will be USA! USA! USA!

Coz tritet isn't a word.

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
Alex wins hill-hill against Yapp. Fantastic match!
He will face Jeff de Luna.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex wins hill-hill against Yapp. Fantastic match!
He will face Jeff de Luna.

Alex v. Yapp <-- what a match! It could have gone either way. Both players fell down a few times, but Alex pulled it off.

I loved the way Alex fist-pumped Yapp right before the last game, to remove the tension. That was a show of good sportsmanship by Alex. That's why we all love Alex Pagulayan. :lovies:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex v. Yapp <-- what a match! It could have gone either way. Both players fell down a few times, but Alex pulled it off.

I loved the way Alex fist-pumped Yapp right before the last game, to remove the tension. That was a show of good sportsmanship by Alex. That's why we all love Alex Pagulayan. :lovies:

Yep the kid spit the bit it's good to se Alex in good sportsmanship glad to see he's grown up now

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
They are saying on the stream that the Kos and CJL went to the same school in Taiwan and played pool with a school sponsored program. That kind of formal training and competition growing up is incredible and a good reason why they're on top...among other things.

Since Filipinos are technically "Asians" too, the pool scenario in the Philippines is totally different - playing money games all day on dirty, slow tables. Not to mention the hot unventilated poolrooms, squawking chickens and loud karaoke. :grin-square: