deanoc says he is quitting pool

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
They're all I can play on. Certainly, for me at any rate, the lesser of all the other evils.

For the record, I play on GC2s. My favorite table all-time was the Viscount we had in the room for @ 35 years.

My favorite Brunswick is the Anniversary...I wish Diamonds banked like them...
...but Diamond took a lotta bugs outa tables...name plates and score counters that make
your knuckles look like you were in a street fight...pockets you can’t lay your cue on.

Diamond makes the best pocket I ever fired a ball into....
...I wish they were on snooker tables also.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't worry about Jack

He will show up at the party,he is practicing for the match and just pretends to be mad

He forgot to tell you that he gave me the 5,6,7,8 and break at 9 ball and beat me.
That wasn't so bad but he wouldn't adjust whenr he won my money.

Had the nerve to tell me that I would never improve if kept getting more weight

Told me too much weight tends to hurt your game.

i might start playing again if he makes me a new cue. Did you know jack made libra cues.

Anyway he has promised to make me one any day now.If I like the cues I might start playing again unless
I sell my table

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
My favorite Brunswick is the Anniversary...I wish Diamonds banked like them...
...but Diamond took a lotta bugs outa tables...name plates and score counters that make
your knuckles look like you were in a street fight...pockets you can’t lay your cue on.

Diamond makes the best pocket I ever fired a ball into....
...I wish they were on snooker tables also.

You know, I've heard those things about CGs ( and Brunswick, generally ) since Diamonds showed up and I gotta say, I've logged in WELL over ( and yeah, I'm just guessing here ) 50,000 hours on Brunswicks ( 95% on GCs or that Viscount ) and not *once* have I EVER hurt my hand, fingers or knuckles ( at least that I can recall ) on balls counters, pocket casings, rails, etc, etc. Not once, let alone enough times to ever say "Man I wish someone would invent a table I can learn to despise so I don't mutilate my hands anymore!"

Seriously... not once. And I'm not saying this because I despise Diamonds ( and I do ), but because it's true. Not once. Did I ever have to make a bridge *over* a pocket because I didn't want black rubber streaks on my shaft? Sure... but no harm, no foul. Hell, the reason I taught myself to play left-handed was I hated using the bridge. Again, no harm, no foul. Taught me to be adaptive which is a HUGE lesson learned in life, not simply in pool.

Anyway, rant over...

Diamonds suck.

:grin-square:

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
...man,
I thought I'd check here first,
any new hub-bub, nope.
1500 viewer's in the main section,
must be the new 2 player cut throat board

but a ah, unless
jack,
did you give weight to dean on this new 2 player cut throat and,

...dean lost,
it just aint news?

hmm but? 1500, are we under attack? Did robin do something in NPR?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Ahh!! Diamonds would be the creme de la creme if they had that extra slot for storing balls in 1 pocket. As it stand they’re just Jelly. I don’t like sitting the balls by the feet

I do like GC as well and play some tourneys on them but I think my enjoyment comes from shots I normally rattle on the diamond going in. But I recently started playing and a diamond was my first table to really practice on

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I prefer the Gold Crown ,i wish i had 5inch pockets

4.5 are a ittle too tight for players of my caliber

I saw schmidt playing on those nice size leather pocket tables and it made me wish i had bigger pockets again

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ahh!! Diamonds would be the creme de la creme if they had that extra slot for storing balls in 1 pocket. As it stand they’re just Jelly. I don’t like sitting the balls by the feet

I do like GC as well and play some tourneys on them but I think my enjoyment comes from shots I normally rattle on the diamond going in. But I recently started playing and a diamond was my first table to really practice on

Diamonds do have optional ball racks.... https://www.seyberts.com/diamond-billiard-pool-table-wire-ball-rack

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quitting anything is just plain easy.......Just ask any smoker......How many times have they quit over the years?
That's why there's confession for Catholics where we get to say we've sorry, have repented and won't sin again.
Same thing like quitting. It's easy to say or write for others to hear or see. Now try backing it up with real action.

Like I started out, quitting is easy. Doubt me? Just ask any cigarette smoker how many times they've tried quitting.
You can't really quit any addiction.You have to retrain your mind and replace that addiction.with something different.
So until Dean comes up with a new addiciton, we've got him hooked on pool for the rest of his life until he replaces it.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i thought it was going to be easy
i have quit for 6 years once
1 year a few times

how hard can it be?

why are you guys trying to sabotage my plan

just buy my cues,buy my table and i'm out