WC 10-Ball. Anybody knows how they fill the 64 player field?

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CSI 10-Ball Championship. Anyone knows how they fill the field?
Only 64 players field and Mosconi Cup event. They seem to have a bunch of Qualifiers and Wildcards. WPA ranking does not mean a shit?
Why have WPA rankings if top 20 players can´t get into WC tournaments?

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only 64 players field and Mosconi Cup event. They seem to have a bunch of Qualifiers and Wildcards. WPA ranking does not mean a shit?

Why correlate a tournament that has nothing to do with WPA rankings to the WPA?

When you stop and think about it, wtf do they (WPA) even do for pool, and why should they matter?

People get so hung up on the 'we need a global governing organization' thing, they forget that we really dont. Its all horseshit in the end, and in 100 years it is likely that no one will even remember the WPA. Well, other than noting that they werent really needed. :thumbup:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe I don’t get what you mean. Why wouldnt the WPA World 10-ball have anything WPA Rankings and the WPA?

My mistake, I misunderstood the post. I was thinking he was referring to the tourneys coming up in Vegas at Griffs.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There is a page on the CSI website about the event. Evidently it will be by nomination of the (con)federations and rankings. Here is some of what it says:

Discipline: 10-Ball

Entry Dates: WPA Ranking Players: Confirmed after U.S. Open 9-Ball (April 27)

Entry Fee: US $500 per participant + 5% processing fee

All participants are advised to pay their entry fee by July 1, 2019. Invited players will receive registration/payment instructions from the WPA, WPA member federations, Predator or CueSports International.

Rules: WPA 10-Ball Rules

***Please note, the Predator World 10-Ball Championship is an invite only event and not open for anyone to register.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a page on the CSI website about the event. Evidently it will be by nomination of the (con)federations and rankings. Here is some of what it says:

Discipline: 10-Ball

Entry Dates: WPA Ranking Players: Confirmed after U.S. Open 9-Ball (April 27)

Entry Fee: US $500 per participant + 5% processing fee

All participants are advised to pay their entry fee by July 1, 2019. Invited players will receive registration/payment instructions from the WPA, WPA member federations, Predator or CueSports International.

Rules: WPA 10-Ball Rules

***Please note, the Predator World 10-Ball Championship is an invite only event and not open for anyone to register.

Yeah I am just curious how many wildcards and qualifier spots they have. Because apparently my buddy with is in top 20 WPA World Rankings and will not get spot to WC. He is also 5th on Europe Mosconi Cup point rankings and WC is a Mosconi Cup event. That means there is players who get invited and get Mosconi-points and get unfair advantage over quite top ranked player.
My point is that if someone is ranked top 20 in World rankings cannot get invited to World Championship tournament? Why even then have a ranking list?

My opinion is that is uber BS. I Just want to know is it WPA or CSI?

Edit: how they fill the spits seem to be classified information.
Also there seem to be a bunch of qualifier tourneys on U.S. I can´t find any in Europe.
Should players fly overseas to try get in while they should be invited first place? Also there is Matchroom WCOP blocking entry into these qualify tournaments..

Last edited:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah I am just curious how many wildcards and qualifier spots they have. Because apparently my buddy with is in top 20 WPA World Rankings and will not get spot to WC. He is also 5th on Europe Mosconi Cup point rankings and WC is a Mosconi Cup event. That means there is players who get invited and get Mosconi-points and get unfair advantage over quite top ranked player.
My point is that if someone is ranked top 20 in World rankings cannot get invited to World Championship tournament? Why even then have a ranking list?

My opinion is that is uber BS. I Just want to know is it WPA or CSI?

Edit: how they fill the spits seem to be classified information.
Also there seem to be a bunch of qualifier tourneys on U.S. I can´t find any in Europe.
Should players fly overseas to try get in while they should be invited first place? Also there is Matchroom WCOP blocking entry into these qualify tournaments..

Are you referring to Petri ranked #19?

https://wpapool.com/ranking/

I'd guess the allocations will be similar if not the same to how the recent 64 player WPA Players Championship was done in Vegas in April. From a March post regarding that event, CSI responded:

"Good question. The allocations for the WPA Players Championship are as follows:

WPA rankings (16)
APBU (8)
EPBF (8)
BCA (6)
CPB (4)
AAPA (2)
OPBA (2)
WPA wildcards (2)
Qualifiers (16)

The Stage 1 Qualifiers are the only avenue for a person not invited to get in. Anyone may register for the qualifiers."

One spot was also going to come from the recent US Opens in Vegas:

"The all-around champion will receive a $3,500 bonus plus an invitation into the 64-player, $100,000 added Predator World 10-Ball Championship in July". So from the world 10 Ball site (https://www.world10ball.com) this appears to have gone to all-around runner up Kiamco.

Will the Diamond Las Vegas Open right before the event also give a qualifying spot?

Current list of qualifiers: https://www.world10ball.com/qualifiers

They should have less qualifiers from that "stage 1" nonsense and just allocate more to the BCA (inc host country) and Asia.

Last edited:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you referring to Petri ranked #19?

https://wpapool.com/ranking/

I'd guess the allocations will be similar if not the same to how the recent 64 player WPA Players Championship was done in Vegas in April. From a March post regarding that event, CSI responded:

"Good question. The allocations for the WPA Players Championship are as follows:

WPA rankings (16)
APBU (8)
EPBF (8)
BCA (6)
CPB (4)
AAPA (2)
OPBA (2)
WPA wildcards (2)
Qualifiers (16)

The Stage 1 Qualifiers are the only avenue for a person not invited to get in. Anyone may register for the qualifiers."

One spot was also going to come from the recent US Opens in Vegas:

"The all-around champion will receive a $3,500 bonus plus an invitation into the 64-player, $100,000 added Predator World 10-Ball Championship in July". So from the world 10 Ball site (https://www.world10ball.com) this appears to have gone to all-around runner up Kiamco.

Will the Diamond Las Vegas Open right before the event also give a qualifying spot?

Current list of qualifiers: https://www.world10ball.com/qualifiers

They should have less qualifiers from that "stage 1" nonsense and just allocate more to the BCA (inc host country) and Asia.

Thanks for Info Joe

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So it seems there was one qualifier at France so early on May that players did not even know will they be invited or not. 16 spots on qualifiers but only 11 tournaments.
The way they set this up seem to be fail. IMO.
They should announce beforehand when everybody get their possible invitations. Then they should give qualify tournaments somewhere else too than U.S.
One freaking tournament in Europe? Asia have 3 and U.S 6

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So it seems there was one qualifier at France so early on May that players did not even know will they be invited or not. 16 spots on qualifiers but only 11 tournaments.
They should announce beforehand when everybody get their possible invitations. Then they should give qualify tournaments somewhere else too than U.S.

If the '16 qualifiers' are the same for this 10 ball event, I'm guessing there are what, 4 that qualify from the Stage 1 too?

The Malaysia event got two that qualified?

Who won the Puerto Rico qualifier? LOL

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

I agree...Europe has a lot of t op players.
...and Petri has a lot of fans over here....shows a lot of heart.
He’s going to win the Turning Stone if he keeps coming.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It sounds like a bad situation. Assuming that the event will be about the same next year, who in Europe is going to ensure that there are more qualifiers there?

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Looks like the qualifier list isn't up to date on their own site. Here is another list:

https://www.azbilliards.com/news/st...rs-to-qualify-for-world-10-ball-championship/

Maybe he can get to Puerto Rico for the qualifier July 7 :thumbup:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny thing also that EPBF got 8 spots on that info and Eurpean ranking n. 5 don't get a spot..