Mike Sigels "Perfect Pool" Instructional series free to view on IPT site...

Keith Buck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
recoveryjones said:
....if you have enrolled earlier as an IPT member.
Has anyone watched all three instructionals yet?Any thoughts?
RJ

https://www.internationalpooltour.com/members/area/

I started watching the first one a couple days ago. I have watched for about an hour and all they have done is the stance and bridges. They spent about 5 or ten minutes just on how he wraps his back hand around the cue, lol.

On a good note, if they are this detailed in part one I'm thinking the shotmaking and gameplay sections should be really good.

recoveryjones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm watching that first DVD right now and it is a little tedious.
For a beginner,however, the thoroughness of the teaching is probably very important.The camera angles and production is good.

Early in the video Trudeau says Mike Sigel charges $5000 per day for lessons.
5K, is any instructor worth that kind of coin?

I wonder what our on board BCA instructors think of Sigels teaching methods and I wonder what Mike will say about the elblow drop, because he drops on almost every shot.

Like you, I look forward to the more advanced stuff.

RJ

Remember that movie Dumb and Dumber? With Trudeau and Sigel teaching it Mouthy and Mouthier.:D

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
After looking at the videos, I thought there were some good things, but I find myself having a tough time saying anything positive about them until the players get paid.

recoveryjones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After watching the first Sigel instructional here's my review:

Good camera angles and good drills stressed for trying to gain a straight stroke.Mike and Trudeau really stress obtaining that straight stroke before moving on to the next two DVD's.They explain things really well.The drills are progressively harder and really test you for a straight stroke.They really stress the importance of stroking through the cue ball.

I think that's really good advice because if you don't have a straight repeatable stroke,you will undoubtingly stall somewhere on the road to mediocrity .They make that fact really clear.

This DVD is especially good for the novice as many instructional DVD's quickly skim through the basics, (which are of utmost importance) and get on to more advanced stuff too quickly.Sigel and Trudeau spend loads of time explaining the basics.This first DVD will leave the intermediate or advanced pool player wanting(or pissed :D ), especially if they allready have their fundamentals down.

As far as stroke goes, they don't really explain too much (in detail) troubleshooting (on how to correct things) if you are pulling or pushing your shots left or right of center.They also don't mention anything about possible dominant eye sight problems and (see Joe Tucker website) remedies.This is where live instruction with a certified instructor cannnot be replaced with a DVD instructional.

All and all it's one of the better instructionals I've seen, for the BEGINNER to learn the basics.

RJ

cuekev

Thread killer
Silver Member
Watching the video

Do you need to become a member of the IPT to watch the video? I went to the site and clicked on the link and it took me to a sign up and wanted a monthly fee.

Kevin
Cuekev

recoveryjones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cuekev said:
Do you need to become a member of the IPT to watch the video? I went to the site and clicked on the link and it took me to a sign up and wanted a monthly fee.

Kevin
Cuekev

Yes you need to be an IPT member.It costs you $29.95 to join and then $5.95 a month to maintain the membership.For that you get live streaming video of their tournaments,lot's of archived matches,discounts on merchandise and the ability to watch these instructional DVD's etc.The LIVE pool and the archived matches are great and easily woth the price paid.

IF the players are paid and IF the IPT shows more tourneys, this is a great deal.As for now I wouldn't buy in until the players are paid and until one can feel more secure about the future of the IPT.

RJ

cuekev

Thread killer
Silver Member
Thanks for the info. I am investing my money in the Cue-tech Michigan roadshow set for November.