View Single Post
Old
  (#74)
Vahony
Registered
Vahony has a reputation beyond reputeVahony has a reputation beyond reputeVahony has a reputation beyond reputeVahony has a reputation beyond reputeVahony has a reputation beyond reputeVahony has a reputation beyond reputeVahony has a reputation beyond reputeVahony has a reputation beyond reputeVahony has a reputation beyond reputeVahony has a reputation beyond reputeVahony has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-21-2011, 08:50 AM

I recently had to put a tip back on my break stick. It had popped off during a break and I had a guy put a new one on. Well after about 10 breaks it popped off as well. Maybe it was the glue or maybe he was in a hurry to get the tip/ferrule prepped. I prepped the ferrule and tip with 400 grit paper. I then wrapped a post-it note around the shaft so that there was about 1/8" past the ferrule. Applied the locktite glue to the tip and ferrule and put the tip back on. I used a rubber band to hold it in place overnight. So far it hasn't come off again.

I used the post-it note so that I had a guide to line up the tip with the ferrule. I wasn't about to put it on without something to help line it up. It didn't line up perfect but you can't tell by looking at it, only by touch. There was a little glue that got on the paper but was easily removed with finger nail polish, diluted with water.