View Single Post
Old
  (#92)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-06-2019, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banger View Post
About 40 years ago, Jack White was putting on his trick shot show at my college. The student he was playing was using a house cue, and the tip was in pretty bad shape. Jack said here, let me fix that tip for you. He pulled out a small pen knife, turned the cue upside down on the rail of the table, and shaved down the mushroomed edges of the tip. He then shaped it up a little, and burnished the edges to nice shine. I don't think it took him more than a minute or two. I can just imagine how many tips he installed by hand, over the years.
I've trimmed down and cleaned up many a tip for well known pros who had no idea how to shape a tip. Usually would take me 5-10 minutes in my garage workshop and they would be amazed when I brought their cue back to them.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars