Hall of Fame Dinner story

1 Lone Wolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was invited by Mark Griffin to the dinner and induction, it was truly an honor to sit at the CSI table. Upon arrival we sat at the designated table. Sitting on my right was Mark and Dave Vandenberghe.
As we are sitting there our salads are on the table and Dave starts to eat his salad and he says there is no dressing. At this point I see a waiter waking our way, nicely dressed, black dress slacks, white dress shirt with a bow tie.
I stopped him and I say excuse me sir, can we please get some dressing for our salads. He politely tells me he doesn’t work here, and he moves on. Now Mark and Dave are laughing so hard I didnt know why.
Mark looks at me and he is laughing so hard and he says I just asked Mike Panozzo for the dressing.
Now I have never met Mike but I sure know who he is, it was funny and very awkward for me at the same time !
So I just want to send Mike my apologies, and also thank him because within 5 minutes we got our dressing !!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I hope the salad was digestible.
It was pretty good food for a banquet. The nice lady next to me bought a couple bottles of wine which made it even better.:smile:

I was at a table with Mitch Laurance, Spencer Sigel, Cindy Nelms-Byrne and Julie Shamos. Spencer says he plays a little pool.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
It was pretty good food for a banquet. The nice lady next to me bought a couple bottles of wine which made it even better.:smile:

I was at a table with Mitch Laurance, Spencer Sigel, Cindy Nelms-Byrne and Julie Shamos. Spencer says he plays a little pool.

Good if you like rubber chicken :smile:. Bob, I think you've been eating at too many fast food joints. Maybe the wine went to your head. :rolleyes:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good if you like rubber chicken :smile:. Bob, I think you've been eating at too many fast food joints. Maybe the wine went to your head. :rolleyes:
The key is the qualifier: "for a banquet". The wine helped, as did not having any lunch. Preparation is important.:thumbup:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
But how were the speeches?

Way too long! God bless Darren and Tom and they are both deserving of their honor, but they were putting people to sleep with speeches that went on and on....and on....and on! :boring2:

BuddyWing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I liked Tom's speech .He talked about his early days and went through his whole life.
Darren was hard for me to understand ( Kings English )
I did understand when he talked about Allison rear end ....
He roasted a lot of people .

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As we are sitting there our salads are on the table and Dave starts to eat his salad and he says there is no dressing. At this point I see a waiter waking our way, nicely dressed, black dress slacks, white dress shirt with a bow tie.
I stopped him and I say excuse me sir, can we please get some dressing for our salads.

Nice story.
I was expecting the punchline-
The "waiter" gave you a dressing down before handing you his black dress slacks, white dress shirt
:grin:

AnitoKid

And I kid you not!
Silver Member
Had a good laugh with this one! And I kid you not!
Thank you for sharing! :)

AK

I was invited by Mark Griffin to the dinner and induction, it was truly an honor to sit at the CSI table. Upon arrival we sat at the designated table. Sitting on my right was Mark and Dave Vandenberghe.
I stopped him and I say excuse me sir, can we please get some dressing for our salads. He politely tells me he doesn’t work here, and he moves on. Now Mark and Dave are laughing so hard I didnt know why.
Mark looks at me and he is laughing so hard and he says I just asked Mike Panozzo for the dressing.
Now I have never met Mike but I sure know who he is, it was funny and very awkward for me at the same time !
So I just want to send Mike my apologies, and also thank him because within 5 minutes we got our dressing !!

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Way too long! God bless Darren and Tom and they are both deserving of their honor, but they were putting people to sleep with speeches that went on and on....and on....and on! :boring2:

They weren't done any favors by introductions that took just as long.