Where's Glen Hancock (Therealkingcobra)?!?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
threats and promises. OH MY.

I don't have to worry about anything concerning this topic. My business is growing every year and that is because my customers are my priority. Here is why:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/toledopooltables/photos/?tab=albums&ref=page_internal

:)

Smiles rarely come through in text format but all is well in the world.

As an aside, I hope you did the humane and responsible thing and tried to talk these few table owners out of a red colored cloth before finally relenting :) They all look good

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
glen to me at least. seems just like the cuemakers who promise to get one made by a certain date and take an extra year or two or not even get to it.
but do great work when they do.

so if you know, and anyone that uses these forums know, then its a personal decision if you want to use that craftsman or not.

if smart and want to use one just dont send any money or objects in advance and set a time frame where you will move on if not finished. if they wont go with that, move on to another. simple as that.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Trent

By and large Trent is one of the good guys. He has years of a good reputation built up that he is destroying in this thread defending a friend that can't and won't defend himself.

Nothing wrong with defending his friend but Trent is losing a lot of respect by the manner he is referring to others. I first came to AZB to help build a pool related business myself. I was nice, polite, courteous, didn't make waves. Only after I realized this wasn't a place to build my business could I be my normal obnoxious self when dealing with assholes that deserved it.

Trent, you would do both your friend and yourself a far better service keeping your language professional. I have to admit that my impression of you has fell a few notches after what I read the other night. Not likely to matter in my business dealings but if someone else asks me about you, you wouldn't get quite the same ringing endorsement you would have gotten before this thread.

Speaking to all, I'd bet pretty large that glen no longer has the rails or has badly damaged them one way or another if I had any way to prove the rails were or were not the same.

Many years ago I pointed out the ridiculousness of glen's giant ego and phony image. Does it not strike anyone else as peculiar and odd that someone would call themselves "the real king cobra" and then use a picture of a ceramic cobra as an avatar? With anyone else I would consider it self depreciating humor, glen's posts over the years leave me to to suspect in glen's case it isn't. Kinda leaves glen hung out to dry with every post he makes.

Trent is one more of the good guys we have seen over the years drug down in defense of a friend that can't be defended. His blatant and continuing violations of the ROE deserves a warning at the least and he is heading towards a ban while glen hides in a closet somewhere. That would be a loss for both Trent and the forum. In Ron's shoes I have to admit that Trent has probably burned bridges regardless of how justified he feels. I sincerely hope he doesn't burn bridges with other posters and potential customers.

Hu

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
Another shout out to Jerimy Chambers, what a class act.

As far as I know, he isn’t as close to Rkc as others in the business, but nonetheless sacrifices his own time to make this customer right.

Actions speak volumes in both instances.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
trent seems like a kind of brash speaking guy. so be it. thats him

but he is basically laying out the truth or at least as he knows it and he at least knows glen. so give him credit for that and not attack him.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another shout out to Jerimy Chambers, what a class act.

As far as I know, he isn’t as close to Rkc as others in the business, but nonetheless sacrifices his own time to make this customer right.

Actions speak volumes in both instances.

Yeah, and the funny thing is that Glen has blasted Jerimy's work on here in the past, just like he has every single other mechanic, player, banger, business idea, etc. Probably the only two things under the sun Glen has never blasted is Shane, and himself.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Glen ever comes back, he usually finishes his tirades with: "What have YOU ever done for pool???"

Now us simpleton's beneath him who are clueless about tables and pool and life can answer back: "I never stole a guy's rails, cash, and time for a year"

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The folks that "stick by" a piece of chit are usually of the same ilk.

Or, as the proverb says, "He who touches pitch shall be defiled".

It is exactly this kind of defense of the indefensible that makes the pool culture suck. And we see it all the time.

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By and large Trent is one of the good guys. He has years of a good reputation built up that he is destroying in this thread defending a friend that can't and won't defend himself.

Nothing wrong with defending his friend but Trent is losing a lot of respect by the manner he is referring to others. I first came to AZB to help build a pool related business myself. I was nice, polite, courteous, didn't make waves. Only after I realized this wasn't a place to build my business could I be my normal obnoxious self when dealing with assholes that deserved it.

Trent, you would do both your friend and yourself a far better service keeping your language professional. I have to admit that my impression of you has fell a few notches after what I read the other night. Not likely to matter in my business dealings but if someone else asks me about you, you wouldn't get quite the same ringing endorsement you would have gotten before this thread.

Speaking to all, I'd bet pretty large that glen no longer has the rails or has badly damaged them one way or another if I had any way to prove the rails were or were not the same.

Many years ago I pointed out the ridiculousness of glen's giant ego and phony image. Does it not strike anyone else as peculiar and odd that someone would call themselves "the real king cobra" and then use a picture of a ceramic cobra as an avatar? With anyone else I would consider it self depreciating humor, glen's posts over the years leave me to to suspect in glen's case it isn't. Kinda leaves glen hung out to dry with every post he makes.

Trent is one more of the good guys we have seen over the years drug down in defense of a friend that can't be defended. His blatant and continuing violations of the ROE deserves a warning at the least and he is heading towards a ban while glen hides in a closet somewhere. That would be a loss for both Trent and the forum. In Ron's shoes I have to admit that Trent has probably burned bridges regardless of how justified he feels. I sincerely hope he doesn't burn bridges with other posters and potential customers.

Hu

I just considered who the poster is a would have let it go but he wanted to be a dickhead so I obliged him, all be it a wast of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
threats and promises. OH MY.

I don't have to worry about anything concerning this topic. My business is growing every year and that is because my customers are my priority. Here is why:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/toledopooltables/photos/?tab=albums&ref=page_internal

:)

Proving that you don't get it. No one questioned the quality of Glen's work or your work, so sending us to pictures of you work is irrelevant. It is the serious character deficiencies we are talking about. But if you do good work, pool culture says it is OK to screw people over.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or, as the proverb says, "He who touches pitch shall be defiled".

It is exactly this kind of defense of the indefensible that makes the pool culture suck. And we see it all the time.

"He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas"

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
glen to me at least. seems just like the cuemakers who promise to get one made by a certain date and take an extra year or two or not even get to it.
but do great work when they do.

Difference is, when a cuemaker doesn't get your cue out in time you are more than likely still playing pool as almost everyone on this forum has accessibility to other cues.

The OP has had his TABLE unusable for a year and all the cue sticks in the world ain't helping out that problem.

Maniac

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Difference is, when a cuemaker doesn't get your cue out in time you are more than likely still playing pool as almost everyone on this forum has accessibility to other cues.

The OP has had his TABLE unusable for a year and all the cue sticks in the world ain't helping out that problem.

Maniac

Exactly my thoughts! The folks defending and treating it like business as usual in the billiard community need to put themselves in Johnny’s shoes. He is out a table for one year, and a good chunk of his hard earned money. I never understood anyone who doesn’t have the ability look at a situation with empathy. Glad you guys are holding Glen accountable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"I am not posting anymore on this topic."

"TFT"

You probably should have stopped with that post Trent. While your friend has done a lot for the industry, he has screwed people in the process and you're defending that whether you know it or not.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Here are some more awesome pics!

Attachments

• fowler anniversary.jpg
    fowler anniversary.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 343
  • farmington 2.jpg
    farmington 2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 336
  • ann arbor1.jpg
    ann arbor1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 339
  • 66817037_1071685229708171_8675724347534475264_o.jpg
    66817037_1071685229708171_8675724347534475264_o.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 339
  • tim sutton anny.jpg
    tim sutton anny.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 355

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I wish somebody would post all the incidences where Glen han been defended.

There isnt a single post that defends Glens actions regarding the rails, the time he has had them, or the lack of his response to the OP, NONE!

What has been defended is that Glen has helped numerous people, mechanics, etc over the years. None of that excuses what Glen has done to the OP but they are 2 separate things. Don't make up lies about something unrelated to try to help your bashing/hatred of Glen, Glen has done enough to the OP to warrant all the bashing he is getting and deserves every bit of it.

Trent was simply defending against the lies being told and not the colossal shit show with the OP and others in the past.

I think some of you are jumping on the "people are defending glen" bandwagon without reading what has ACTUALLY been said.