Pechauer 11.8 CF weight and deflection?

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I searched on here but didn't find any comparisons between the Pechauer 11.8 CF. I know that the deflection of the Predator z2/3 wooden shaft is nearly the same as a Revo 12.4 CF shaft, so that leads me to believe that it's possible that the Pechauer 11.8 CF could be lower... but is it? As far as the weight it would be nice to know for the 11.8.

I was hoping to guesstimate the deflection by picture, but Pechauer states they don't want to risk their NDA with the fabricator by showing the internals.... so that was a fail.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I searched on here but didn't find any comparisons between the Pechauer 11.8 CF. I know that the deflection of the Predator z2/3 wooden shaft is nearly the same as a Revo 12.4 CF shaft, so that leads me to believe that it's possible that the Pechauer 11.8 CF could be lower... but is it? As far as the weight it would be nice to know for the 11.8.

I was hoping to guesstimate the deflection by picture, but Pechauer states they don't want to risk their NDA with the fabricator by showing the internals.... so that was a fail.
Deflection is all about shaft end mass. I don't see how a picture of a shaft would tell you anything. Being sub-12mm i would venture a guess that the deflection is pretty low. Not enough to worry about.

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member

I have the 11.8, have been shooting with it since last fall, and I was shooting with a Z3 before that.

The deflection is as close to identical between the Z3 and the Rogue 11.8 as I can judge. I suppose one of them has to be lower than the other, but I can't tell which.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I have the 11.8, have been shooting with it since last fall, and I was shooting with a Z3 before that.

The deflection is as close to identical between the Z3 and the Rogue 11.8 as I can judge. I suppose one of them has to be lower than the other, but I can't tell which.

That's a great comparison though. I've never played with anything that small of a diameter. It's bound to be less than most other shafts.

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member

How does the 11.8 Rogue feel compared to the Z3?

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
My 11.8 rogue is 4.3oz with the 5/16x14 piloted speed joint.

My 12.4 Revo is 3.8oz with radial joint.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I measured it with a more precise scale.

Pechauer Rogue 11.8 mm with radial joint: 3.82 oz
Jacoby Black also with radial joint: 3.77 oz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I measured it with a more precise scale.

Pechauer Rogue 11.8 mm with radial joint: 3.82 oz
Jacoby Black also with radial joint: 3.77 oz

Thank you! That is what I'm looking for on the Rogue (the radial pin).

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Rogue 12.8 is 3.9 oz. My REVO 12.9 is 4.0
Bear in mind that the REVO 12.9 has less deflection than the 12.4, so the taper also has some effect on deflection. Pechauer's own website does not give any deflection data / comparison.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Rogue 12.8 is 3.9 oz. My REVO 12.9 is 4.0
Bear in mind that the REVO 12.9 has less deflection than the 12.4, so the taper also has some effect on deflection. Pechauer's own website does not give any deflection data / comparison.

Where did you get the comparison between the REVO 12.9 and 12.4?

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

People have been saying that about the Revo 12.9 vs. 12.4. I don’t really believe it until I see something other than claims made on AZ, especially since the one thing we know for sure about deflection is that lower end mass = lower deflection, and the 12.4 tip should have lower end mass than 12.9. It could be true that the 12.9 has lower deflection than the 12.4, but most people “measure” deflection by taking a couple of shots and then making a grand pronouncement.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People have been saying that about the Revo 12.9 vs. 12.4. I don’t really believe it until I see something other than claims made on AZ, especially since the one thing we know for sure about deflection is that lower end mass = lower deflection, and the 12.4 tip should have lower end mass than 12.9. It could be true that the 12.9 has lower deflection than the 12.4, but most people “measure” deflection by taking a couple of shots and then making a grand pronouncement.

Yeh it could, I mean you never know until you know. I've only seen 1 video which was from Dr. Dave comparing the REVO 12.4mm to 3 other shafts. I've never disagreed with Dr. Dave's assessments, and even though he just uses a stroke for comparison, I have to believe his video is correct (and do).

I'm not trying to imply that you have to know weight, deflection, or any other numbers to play, but some people like to know these things. But making excuses for wanting to know these numbers is kind of ridiculous in the year 2020. You'd think that since it takes such a minimum amount of effort to find these numbers that the manufacturers would put them up themselves. If nothing else at all, it would give people things to debate and compare which would generate clicks (and considering the state of pool, that couldn't hurt). What's the excuse at this point in time for manufacturers not putting up numbers? Too cheap? Too ignorant (if so, which party)? Too uninterested in the product? It makes me frustrated that if I want to find out about the specs of any other player objects in any other game I can... but not pool.

(Here is the Dr. Dave video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwytGsNl2vc&feature=youtu.be&t=190

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
Is the 11.8 a pro or conical taper? Pechauer describes it as a “modified straight taper like our P+ Lite”

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is the 11.8 a pro or conical taper? Pechauer describes it as a “modified straight taper like our P+ Lite”

Conical with a slow rise (I had a P+ Lite once).

I tried to look into what that meant and got nowhere. I own one and I don't know the answer.

Take a picture.

EDIT: You can see the P+ Lite taper below, the taper runs nearly the full length.

https://www.pool-position.de/images/product_images/popup_images/2296_0.jpg

But I'd still like to see a picture of the 11.8mm Rogue that isn't a product shot.

Last edited:

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

From the Predator web site. This was shortly after they had come out with the 12.4. Predator spent 10 years developing the 12.9, and then rather quickly developed the 12.4 (changed the taper in the last 12 or so inches of the shaft) to meet demand.

Or maybe I just hit a couple balls and made a grand pronouncement. :rolleyes:

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From the Predator web site. This was shortly after they had come out with the 12.4. Predator spent 10 years developing the 12.9, and then rather quickly developed the 12.4 (changed the taper in the last 12 or so inches of the shaft) to meet demand.

Or maybe I just hit a couple balls and made a grand pronouncement. :rolleyes:

I see nothing on their site. In fact, the info hasn't changed in 3 years. Please post a source if you have it. Here are some predator links that do _NOT_ mention comparison...

https://www.predatorcues.com/revo-faq/
https://www.predatorcues.com/technology/revo-technology/
https://www.predatorcues.com/shafts/predator-low-deflection-shaft/
WBM product page https://web.archive.org/web/20190413211913/https://www.predatorcues.com/revo/revo-shaft-12-4/

If the front end design between the 12.4 and 12.9 is the same, the 12.4 has less by some insignificant amount, and I'm wondering if a 11.75mm would even be noticeable (With the same CF design).

Last edited: