2017 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not to nitpick, I know you're a busy guy, but you posted my 9-ball scores under the 10-ball ghost section. I didn't post the lines before so here they are;

9-ball ghost

7-9 loss 4/12/2017 9ft GClll 4.25" pockets
9-7 win 4/17/2017 9ft GClll 4.25" pockets

The 7-2 9-ball ghost "win" that you posted in the 10-ball section...I never meant for that to actually count. I was just goofing around with different breaks and thought it might be interesting to some people. You can remove that completely if you want.

I think I'm done posting vids for a while. I was trying to create some traffic in this thread, in hopes that more people would follow suit and post some vids. It didn't work, lol.

Anyway, thanks, poolmanis! :thumbup:

Sry. I have been sick last two days.. Even I got now time to sit on computer my head is not fully working.. :boring2:
Should be okay now.. :eek:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played today couple sets against 9-ball Ghost. I played for muscle care 2 left handed matches that were tight, but losses:mad:. Last one I played Pro 9-ball Ghost and that was crazy hard match. Lost 6-7. A lot of turn arounds.. First rack especially was crazy.

I have only first rack on Tube so far. Gotta make whole match later. :)

Rack From Hell :grin-devilish::grin-devilish::grin-devilish:

https://youtu.be/LbjBr22AzLg

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9-ball Finnish Champs are getting close. Also I am thinking about going Snooker Finnish Champs too :rolleyes:..

Played some standard 9-ball Ghost and I was able to bust that Ghost.
7-0 Win.
9-ball Ghost video

I also tried some snooker Ghost. Smash the rack. Ball in hand after break. Then I try run more than half of points. I had so bad back ache I could to play only one frame. I was gonna play race to 3.. :mad:
Made 105 break. I tried to make 147 so only black was used :eek:.

Snooker Ghost video

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice! I like the snooker ghost. I've never seen anyone practice snooker that way, lol. Nice break...tough at the end though with so many reds near the cushion.

Next time I tried after I watched 2017 Snooker WC finals I made a little bit better..
:grin:
Made 147. :p:happydance:
I snipped break away because my friends said it would be better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRtIEF_vL0A

I already made topic about it but added it here(and to 1st page list) also because this thread is beginning of me playing Ghosts. Without this topic 2 years ago I probably never made 147.. :smile:

P.s I think I got a new nickname. Last weekend I was on Finnish 9-ball Champs(17th. 149 players). Everybody called me "Mister Maximum" lol

Last edited:

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Next time I tried after I watched 2017 Snooker WC finals I made a little bit better..
:grin:
Made 147. :p:happydance:
I snipped break away because my friends said it would be better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRtIEF_vL0A

I already made topic about it but added it here(and to 1st page list) also because this thread is beginning of me playing Ghosts. Without this topic 2 years ago I probably never made 147.. :smile:

P.s I think I got a new nickname. Last weekend I was on Finnish 9-ball Champs(17th. 149 players). Everybody called me "Mister Maximum" lol

Awesome shooting! :thumbup:

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'd like to start trying the ghost challenge. I finally bought a table and had it installed in the garage. I also have a video camera (it's kind of old). It has the option to record on these little tapes, or it can take a SD memory card. Can one of you computer geniuses tell me how I can get the video off of the camera and onto the internet machine for y'alls viewing pleasure?

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I used an old video camera I found in my basement for a while. They usually come with a cable that connects to your computer. The problem I had was storage space. I couldn't record for a long time and the vid wasn't sharp. I gave up on it when I realized the camera was so old I couldn't even upgrade the memory card for longer vids.

Now I have a smart phone that I can do the whole thing with...shoots HD video, phone came with a video editing app already installed, and I can just upload straight to YouTube after editing. It's way easier than using a regular camera. That's the way to go if you don't know what you're doing, imo. (I don't)

Thanks man. I use an iPhone 6. Good enough, or should I upgrade?

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/MvP6K4lfpzs

Got a tough win against the 10-ball ghost today. Finally won after 9 straight losses.

added your matches to list!
Ghost can be cruel sometimes :grin:

I played also versus Ghost couple days ago(I have been working A LOT last months) . I was facing 10-ball pro Ghost and played super strong. I think I won 7-6 or 7-5. Were up 5-0...:angry: Had little bit unlucky breakshots.
Video coming later when I have time to make it!

(Edit. I hit 4-pack from start and made hero clearance from unlucky dry 5th break!) :(

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played also versus Ghost couple days ago(I have been working A LOT last months) . I was facing 10-ball pro Ghost and played super strong. I think I won 7-6 or 7-5. Were up 5-0...:angry: Had little bit unlucky breakshots.
Video coming later when I have time to make it!

(Edit. I hit 4-pack from start and made hero clearance from unlucky dry 5th break!) :(

Here is link to this tight match: https://youtu.be/u6okbwLetu4
I played great and was really getting pressure when Ghost (his usual no give up attitude:()started catch up..
I also added some random free music to overcome some radio playing background sometimes..

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome 5-pack opening!

Good job,
Dave

Thanks Dave. I was little psyched due I hit maybe 10th time 4 pack run out and dry 5th break!
Now put some effort and destroy Ghost for us!
You seem to have nice break shot nowadays... That is one thing I noticed from your sneak peak of new instructional series. :)

Last edited: