John Barton

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
That link took me to a match of over an hour's duration. Which shot are you asking about, please?

Thank you.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Yes which shot?

If you mean the opening one where he Justin lays the ball up by the pocket I would have done what he did. See if it goes, see if the combo/carom is on, and in the end probably used gb to play it just like he did to the rail.

The beauty is that as a player I have the ability to go from pure feel to objective alignment. My toolbox has all the available aiming tools because I don't have any prejudice stopping me from learning what tools are great to have.

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes which shot?

If you mean the opening one where he Justin lays the ball up by the pocket I would have done what he did. See if it goes, see if the combo/carom is on, and in the end probably used gb to play it just like he did to the rail.

The beauty is that as a player I have the ability to go from pure feel to objective alignment. My toolbox has all the available aiming tools because I don't have any prejudice stopping me from learning what tools are great to have.

Yeah thats the one. I wasnt sure what you would do since you have said you cant find the spot using back of the ball and in a video I saw of you demonstrating ghostball you were missing your mark by over a diamond.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Yeah thats the one. I wasnt sure what you would do since you have said you cant find the spot using back of the ball and in a video I saw of you demonstrating ghostball you were missing your mark by over a diamond.
I said that no one can find that spot. What people do is split the object ball and find the center "spot" and try to hold that as they go from the cueball. This is only a step up from feel. Of course it is a valid method and useful. And as I said I have that and everything else to use at my disposal when needed.

In the Duckie Arrow answer video I missed using HIS template with his instructions as the cut got more severe. The reason is because even with a gb template on the table the optics still form some kind of illusion in my opinion.

Could be just me and some sight issue. But when I use CTE the same cut angle presents no problem at all. And I don't need any template to practice with ever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk