danny d and cardone

gpeezy

for sale!
Im loving the commentary. its halarious to hear these two. (they are commentating the us open finals)

gpeezy

for sale!
lol @ "there's what the winner gets, 40,000$ and a golden triangle". dunno why but i laughed

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
I was sitting right below them and we could hear everything (and presumably so could the players). It was funny, but they really need to insulate the box more. I was worried about the effect on the players. DiLiberto and Wych, in particular, tend to get too loud at times.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
On the broadcast both Danny and Billy kept confusing the ball colors. I guess those TV balls are bad for people who are color blind. They couldn't tell the difference between the 4 and 5 balls. It was pretty hilarious - they kept saying stuff like "now why did he do that?" because they couldn't figure out which balls were next! It didn't sound like they had a good view of the table either.

Chris

scttybee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
they were excellent-both getting better with age and funnier

one quick thing-people have to stop that guy geoff from commentating
he knows nothing and is horrible to listen to
also seems to love pumping up the euros and talking down to the americans

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
they were pretty funny. It was especially funny when talking about Mika's request for multiple re-racks. Incardona I think it was stated that Mika was requesting for re-rack sometimes 3-4 times each rack. DD said "I don't believe that". Incardona said "I was there to witness it. So were you!" Very funny

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...I guess those TV balls are bad for people who are color blind....
Chris

ALL ball sets that have ever been shown on TV are impossible for color blind people to get correct. Doesn't matter if centennials, aramiths, or tv versions of the two. Unfortunately, I have "first hand" experience with this.

In person is much better, because you can see the number many times.

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Annigoni

:smile:

Is he talking MORE than Annagoni on mike :grin::grin::grin:

hahah! Anyone that knows Tony is laughing at this. If you ask him what time it is, he'll tell you step by step how to build a clock! But a good guy nonetheless. =o]

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I thought they were both good as always. If you listen carefully you can always pick up something valuable you didn't know about the game. Johnnyt

eddiethelock

Locksmith
Silver Member
On the broadcast both Danny and Billy kept confusing the ball colors. I guess those TV balls are bad for people who are color blind. They couldn't tell the difference between the 4 and 5 balls. It was pretty hilarious - they kept saying stuff like "now why did he do that?" because they couldn't figure out which balls were next! It didn't sound like they had a good view of the table either.

Chris

I did some of that commentating and the ball colors are confusing even with a good view on the screen, sometimes makes ya look like a tourist when you get it mixed up.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the most part the commentary was cool. Jim needs to lose some of the snooker lingo......like "he's shooting off the colors" it gets a little irritating, BUT I did appreciate his honesty when a player is playing badly, or hits a poor shot....he's not affraid to call it a poor shot. He's a polished commentator for sure.

Danny D is a little negative at times, and is starting to show his age when calling shots......he came from the old school, and they played different patterns back then. Also, when they were having trouble with the rack.....he was saying just throw them up there and hit em.....a 1/32" gap from the one ball to the next makes no difference?:eek: we all know it does.....A BIG DIFFERENCE. No I'm not slamming DD, he's like everyones cool old grand dad...I'm just saying out loud what I was thinking during the matches.

Billy I is just about the perfect commentator IMO. He has funny stories, as good a grasp on the game as anyone, and is upbeat, and not affraid to let us watch the game without saying anything.

Billy and Jim were a great pairing IMO.

G.