2 shots Saturday night...

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
I shot quite a bit of Pool this last weekend, shooting in 3 little tournaments, good in 1, not so good in other 2, all handicapped. Later on, on Saturday night, I got to playing on the Challenge table down at Shooters, and the game, for the most part, was $5 a game 9 ball with other good players. I asked a player when racking if he wanted to make it $10 a game, and the rest of the night (3.5 hours), it was $10 a game with about 3-4 other players. At $10 a game, the bangers and upstarts usually just watch.

I made some shots, and my opponents did too, that drew a few comments from the railbirds, but the following 2, I felt, were 2 of the best that railbirds seemed to like the best.

The first one was this shot, and if I did not get the cue ball on the long rail
almost frozen and straight with the 6, there was no straight in shot to be made. I ended up with this position, here is what I ended up doing on my 'bite the bullet' shot::

http://CueTable.com/P/?#2Fbdb3GbIf1HbHl2IRHC4PCNk2abdb4adxB4adxB4adxB4kCNk2kYxm#

The second shot was a back and forth game, no one wanting to make the 3 and quite a few 'safes' were shot on the 3 until my opponent scratched, and then here is what I did:

Using extreme low right english (lots of spin), I did this:

http://CueTable.com/P/?#1CHAf3ESyw4GXKO3IQVw2PHXv1WHAf1WcWn3WPpo3WSKL3YSyw3YaAU3YaAU2kHXv1kFMg1kFMg#

I got out on both tables. Even my opponent commented more than once
about how good the 2nd shot was. I ended up just a little ahead for time spent on the challenge table.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice shots, but........putting the lowest numbered ball near the 9 ball a lot of times will get you broke!:D

Gerry <<<never got to play in a place with a "challenge table"...sounds fun!

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Gerry said:
Nice shots, but........putting the lowest numbered ball near the 9 ball a lot of times will get you broke!:D

Gerry <<<never got to play in a place with a "challenge table"...sounds fun!

I agree, Gerry. Knowing my luck, I would have set up a perfect 3-9 combo/carom. :p

With BIH, that wouldn't have been my choice either. I think thinning the 3 ball and leaving it near the head rail and sending the CB behind the cluster to nudge it might be a better shot.

Eric

Snapshot9

Silver Member
No ... No ... No

Don't let my leaning curve on Cuetable table mislead you ... lol

I made the 3, and took the cue ball 3 total rails up behind the 5-9 frozen together to break out the 5 for almost a straight in shot uptable corner.

The 5 was not possible to make in the corner frozen to the 9 with a good
hit.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Snapshot9 said:

I made the 3, and took the cue ball 3 total rails up behind the 5-9 frozen together to break out the 5 for almost a straight in shot uptable corner.

hit.

Then that's different than what you diagrammed originally:

http://cuetable.com/P/?#1CHAf3ESyw4GXKO3IQVw2PHXv1WHAf1WcWn3WPpo3WSKL3YSyw3YaAU3YaAU2kHXv1kFMg1kFMg

that shows the CB bouncing a half diamond off the head rail and staying there. It's misleading.

Nice shot.

Eric

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
i like the2d one, despite the 39 combo. only way it could get to be a combo if it banks in the upper right corner. id do the same.

nice going m8. seems ur playing more again. i like the spirit

MacGyver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if that 5/9 is only a 1/4 a diamond off, I bet you could throw it in... from the diagram the 9 looks playable.

cuetable

Line Up Your Best Shot!
Silver Member
Dear Scott:
With the new CueTable (05,2006) you can edit the shot easily:

1, To extend line 3 (path for 3 ball), click on its arrow head once, move the mouse to the pocket and press <a> or <=> to add a point.

2, I noticed the last point on line 3 was drawn to be a curve point. No problem, press <H> to bring up its ghostball handle. Shift+Click on it to set it to straight.

3, While the ghostballs were on, I noticed most of the balls hit into the cushion.I clicked on each one of them and use the arrow keys on the keyboard to nudge back.

4, To show you a before/after comparison, I save the changes to new page (press <D> ), checked it once and Export everything (press <E>)

http://CueTable.com/P/?#1CHAf3ESyw4GXKO3IQVw2PHXv1WHAf1WcWn3WPpo3WSKL3YSyw3YaAU3YaAU2kHXv1kFMg1kFM#1CHAf3ESyw4GXKO3IQVw2PHXv1WHAf1WbAj3WQGj3WSKM3Wcpy3YSyw2YSbJ2kHXv1kEWi5kFLy#1CHAf3ESyw4GXKO3IQVw2PHXv1WHAf1WbAj3WQGj3WSKM3Wcpy3YSyw2YSbJ2kHXv1kEWi5kFLy2qKPoGreat_shot_Scott!&ZZ#

Cheers
Wei

Snapshot9 said:

hit.

Snapshot9

Silver Member
Eric. said:
Then that's different than what you diagrammed originally:

http://cuetable.com/P/?#1CHAf3ESyw4GXKO3IQVw2PHXv1WHAf1WcWn3WPpo3WSKL3YSyw3YaAU3YaAU2kHXv1kFMg1kFMg

that shows the CB bouncing a half diamond off the head rail and staying there. It's misleading.

Nice shot.

Eric

The link you provided, I never diagrammed it like that. I never had the cue ball coming off the head end rail and coming a few inches up (I noticed Cuetable has it that way, perhaps Wei did it that way). Like I said, it was ball in hand, made the 3 in uptable corner pocket using extreme low right english, and took the cue ball 3 rails up behind the 5-9 breaking the 5 out, and end up with almost straight in shot on the 5 for the uptable right corner, Yes, it was what I played to do, but I got a better than hoped for
breakout on the 5.

The 5 would not go, and you could not throw it either, and get a good hit or even a split hit. I may have diagrammed it slightly closer to the corner
pocket that it actually was.

I guess I need to spend more time practicing on CUETABLE .... LOL In
fact, I am sure I do ...