Tactical Cue Case

BeachBum2012

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems that all I see are leather cases out there. I love them, and as a Harley guy am no stranger to leather, but I'd kind of like something different. I'm interested in perhaps having a case made to resemble a tactical rifle case. It would be something I'd never seen and would be kind of cool to have all of my shooting gear, wether pool room or firing range, match in style. I'm thinking something along the lines of this:
U8BKGtt.jpg

Would be kind of cool to have the MOLLE attachments to be able to change pouches as I saw fit too.

What do you guys think? Know of anyone who could make something like this?

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Have you tried contacting John Barton? I think he would have the knowledge and the resources to pull this off.

BeachBum2012

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you tried contacting John Barton? I think he would have the knowledge and the resources to pull this off.

I have not. Still kind of new around here and haven't discovered the go to people quite yet. Thanks for a point in the right direction.

dom_poppa

Banned
Tactical pool gear would be awesome. Those leather cases are old fashioned. We need something new or something that represents a case that holds sporting equipment.

A functional cue case that is sporty like a modern day golf bag. I have old school brown leather golf bag and they are just outdated.

I always wished Nike got into the billiard industry. Think of great cues and cases. They have a fantastic R/D department.

BeachBum2012

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tactical pool gear would be awesome. Those leather cases are old fashioned. We need something new or something that represents a case that holds sporting equipment.

A functional cue case that is sporty like a modern day golf bag. I have old school brown leather golf bag and they are just outdated.

I always wished Nike got into the billiard industry. Think of great cues and cases. They have a fantastic R/D department.

I was thinking the same thing. I like the leather look as well, but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of other options. Sometimes its nice to have something a little different.

This is fairly tactical if you ask me. I believe you can get this case in tan and green as well.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=313348

I almost bought a pelican to fly out to Vegas with my cues. Decided just to drive instead. I have a few for other things and they are nice, but I want something that is built much like most cases out there, but instead of leather, I'd like one made of ACU Nylon with MOLLE straps. Just think it would look cool.

Last edited:

BeachBum2012

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the idea of also carrying an AR in there with your Cues ... OR, a Benelli M4

I guess if I had a cue case like this I'd have to make sure I was grabbing the right bag on the way out the door. It would be a bit embarrassing to pull out a pool cue at the range and a bit frightening to pull out an AR at the pool hall.

Last edited:

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
I almost bought a pelican to fly out to Vegas with my cues. Decided just to drive instead. I have a few for other things and they are nice, but I want something that is built much like most cases out there, but instead of leather, I'd like one made of ACU Nylon with MOLLE straps. Just think it would look cool.

Plus you could swap pockets around to reconfigure it any way you want. A detachable 1X2 sleeve or smaller Jump butt pocket would rock, too! Make the whole thing modular. You could also sew on VELCRO swatches to put VELCRO patches/nametapes, logos, etc. Make mine digital camo! :wink:

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems that all I see are leather cases out there. I love them, and as a Harley guy am no stranger to leather, but I'd kind of like something different. I'm interested in perhaps having a case made to resemble a tactical rifle case. It would be something I'd never seen and would be kind of cool to have all of my shooting gear, wether pool room or firing range, match in style. I'm thinking something along the lines of this:
U8BKGtt.jpg

Would be kind of cool to have the MOLLE attachments to be able to change pouches as I saw fit too.

What do you guys think? Know of anyone who could make something like this?

I think you have something there. I hate todays cases like Justis cases. That design has been done to death and copied to death. Your idea is really fresh. If quality made and selling somewhere around the $100.00 to 150.00 range so anyone could afford one, once you got a few pros to carry them you could not keep them in stock.

Last edited:

BeachBum2012

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Plus you could swap pockets around to reconfigure it any way you want. A detachable 1X2 sleeve or smaller Jump butt pocket would rock, too! Make the whole thing modular. You could also sew on VELCRO swatches to put VELCRO patches/nametapes, logos, etc. Make mine digital camo! :wink:

This was one of the big things that gave me this idea. I have a ton of MOLLE pouches for my packs and range bags. Everything has its spot, and if I want to change something, I just swap it out. Would be great to be able to do that with my cue case. I dig the velcro idea too.

I think you have something there. I hate todays cases like Justis cases. That design has been done to death and copied to death. Your idea is really fresh. If quality made and seling somewhere around the $100.00 to 150.00 range so anyone could afford one, once you got a few pros to carry them you could not keep them in stock.

Maybe you're right. I may just try to find a custom military pack maker and see if they could do this. Rifle cases go for the price range you had and that takes twice the material a cue case would so I don't see how one would cost much more after a prototype.

adrianbrah

Registered

Agreed! I own this golf bag and its amazing, tons of functionality and super light/comfortable. Easy carry around bag.

9666260_orig.jpg

http://www.independentgolfreviews.com/nike-vapor-x-stand-bag.html

I think changes like these could bring in new players from younger generations, because pool would start to look more "sporty". Instead of lugging grandpas old leather cue case. :boring2:

mhilton777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually used my Voodoo Tactical case recently to take my AR and my cues on a trip to visit a buddy that shoots pool and guns. Put my 2x4 butterfly case on one side and the AR on the other. Worked perfect!

IMG_0385.jpg

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I have thought about something similar. Should be pretty easy for Barton to make. A nice tactical tan or multicam cue case would be something different. Slap on some velcro for patches, a little molle to attach a pouch or two.

If you want get nutty you could attach the strap with cobra buckles.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was one of the big things that gave me this idea. I have a ton of MOLLE pouches for my packs and range bags. Everything has its spot, and if I want to change something, I just swap it out. Would be great to be able to do that with my cue case. I dig the velcro idea too.

Maybe you're right. I may just try to find a custom military pack maker and see if they could do this. Rifle cases go for the price range you had and that takes twice the material a cue case would so I don't see how one would cost much more after a prototype.

It is funny the price they get for cue cases. I once bought a case made to carry arrows for like $19.00 at Bass pro shops. With just a small modification I made a cue case out of it. It was great and the quality was very good. Sort of what you are thinking it had a camo look to it. I later sold a cue I had in it and the buyer insisted of getting the case as well. I was getting a good price for the cue so I threw in the case. I am sure he had no idea just how inexpensive the case really was it looked so good. I remember another guy who used to come in the pool room that had a converted telescope case he used for his cues. Look pretty cool.

BeachBum2012

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually used my Voodoo Tactical case recently to take my AR and my cues on a trip to visit a buddy that shoots pool and guns. Put my 2x4 butterfly case on one side and the AR on the other. Worked perfect!

That Voodoo case in ACU is exactly what gave me the idea. The make a 36 inch model that I thought about modifying for this little project.

BeachBum2012

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have thought about something similar. Should be pretty easy for Barton to make. A nice tactical tan or multicam cue case would be something different. Slap on some velcro for patches, a little molle to attach a pouch or two.

If you want get nutty you could attach the strap with cobra buckles.

I'm going to shoot him an e-mail when I get a design for a hard case down on paper. I love what I've seen of his work today.

BeachBum2012

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is funny the price they get for cue cases. I once bought a case made to carry arrows for like $19.00 at Bass pro shops. With just a small modification I made a cue case out of it. It was great and the quality was very good. Sort of what you are thinking it had a camo look to it. I later sold a cue I had in it and the buyer insisted of getting the case as well. I was getting a good price for the cue so I threw in the case. I am sure he had no idea just how inexpensive the case really was it looked so good. I remember another guy who used to come in the pool room that had a converted telescope case he used for his cues. Look pretty cool.

I understand the prices for custom or handmade cases. Its the time, effort and craftsmanship that you're paying for, along with the price fetched for some of the high quality/exotic materials.

The mass produced stuff going for $300 is what surprises me.