has anyone had any problems breaking with Carbon Fiber shafts

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're talking about carbon fiber break shafts like the Revo break cue, no I haven't heard of any shafts "shattering". Any shaft made of any material can be abused to the point where it will fail.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

ca sn8ke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually referring to breaking with a regular playing cf shaft.

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Carbon fibre is old technology, believe it, or not we had Carbon Fibre target arrows back in the 1960's. They took a lot more punishment that the lighter alumium arrows. Back then out target were bailed straw, or hay. Nothing like today modern targets.

Like I said Carbon Fibre in not new, it is just new in pool cue shafts. Assume in the 60 years between 1960, and year 2020. The technology is very far advanced.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_fibers Stuff is been around long time, still fining new uses.

FYI

Last edited:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I break with my BK Rush primarily but also break with my Revo playing cue often enough. No damage yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I like my cynergy better for breaking than playing. I can hit them pretty hard and I’ve never gotten a sense of weakness there. But I also don’t dig hard into the table and put the serious bend on it.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I broke with a 12.4 Revo and samsara tip on it with a year before the rush came out. Never had any issues. A buddy of mine now has that Revo shaft and uses it as an everyday shooter and he hasn't had any issues with it.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For stress applied length-wise CF shafts are almost indestructible. Stronger than steel. Where you CAN damage one is a sharp strike along the side of the shaft. Just playing, breaking and tapping the balls around will not hurt it. The breaking versions have front ends that are better for breaking such as in the Cuetec Breach. Awesome cue btw.

Last edited:

Call_me_Tom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t normally break with mine only because I don’t want to wear out the tip. Of the times I have braked I haven’t ran into any issues.

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I stopped using my break cue once I bought a revo playing shaft (12.9) I break much better with it and have no fears of damaging it either. Sure you tip gets harder a quicker but I play with triangles and have a cue lathe, so I’m not worried about that. Either way they’re great for breaking, I wouldn’t worry about it.

RD123

I use my carbon fibre cue for playing and breaking. I used to carry 2 cues but I can break better with my CF cue.