$10,000 One Pocket Challenge: Lou Figueroa vs John Barton

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
The conversation went like this.

Me: Hello, this is John Barton and I am looking for Michael Lalumiere.

Mike's Mom: This is his mother and he doesn't live here would you like his phone number?

Me: That would be great thank you very much.

Mike's Mom: Recites his phone number.

Me: Thank you again, good bye.

-----------------------

It doesn't matter what your side of the conversation is, unless you are looking for someone to give them a significant asset calling family , esp. spouse or parents is a bobo move and strictly VERBOTIN.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
It doesn't matter what your side of the conversation is, unless you are looking for someone to give them a significant asset calling family , esp. spouse or parents is a bobo move and strictly VERBOTIN.

What? You are telling me i am not allowed to use the phone book to look up a person's number? You're telling me i am not allowed to call a number and identify my self and request to speak to whomever i an trying to reach?

I don't know where you were raised but in the United States where i was raised that is perfect phone etiquette.

And, i didn't intend to call his mother. I called the number listed under that name in the city he told the forum where he lived. Keep in mind that Lalumiere identified himself and where he lived. He invited the communication. I did absolutely nothing wrong in this regard. Before Michael put out the invitation i didn't know his name or where he lived. So for real me calling to settle our differences on his invitation is not out of line and there was not any possible way i could have known that the first number listed was his mother. But even so there was nothing that was out of line whatsoever, simple, direct, brief and very polite conversation.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
What? You are telling me i am not allowed to use the phone book to look up a person's number? You're telling me i am not allowed to call a number and identify my self and request to speak to whomever i an trying to reach?

I don't know where you were raised but in the United States where i was raised that is perfect phone etiquette.

And, i didn't intend to call his mother. I called the number listed under that name in the city he told the forum where he lived. Keep in mind that Lalumiere identified himself and where he lived. He invited the communication. I did absolutely nothing wrong in this regard. Before Michael put out the invitation i didn't know his name or where he lived. So for real me calling to settle our differences on his invitation is not out of line and there was not any possible way i could have known that the first number listed was his mother. But even so there was nothing that was out of line whatsoever, simple, direct, brief and very polite conversation.

reaching mommy by "accident" is a mitigating factor

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You're reaching here.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Calling anybody on here over some idiotic bullshit online is silly and childish, whether they invited people to call them or not.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Calling anybody on here over some idiotic bullshit online is silly and childish, whether they invited people to call them or not.

They do it online because they can get away with being bully's. Most of the same bullies would not do it face to face, because they could not deal with a real life situation.

Bullies, internet tough guys, or keyboard commandos are just weird.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They do it online because they can get away with being bully's. Most of the same bullies would not do it face to face, because they could not deal with a real life situation.

Bullies, internet tough guys, or keyboard commandos are just weird.

Powerlifting is not an Olympic sport;)

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
John,

You are a real nice guy. I would be grateful if you would bless my Mother with your perfectly normal, non psychotic and beautiful conversations. You are just the kind of guy I would want to have speak to my dear sweet Mother. Some guy over in China loosing his mind over some trivial internet BS.

The conversation went like this.

Me: Hello, this is John Barton and I am looking for Michael Lalumiere.

Mike's Mom: This is his mother and he doesn't live here would you like his phone number?

Me: That would be great thank you very much.

Mike's Mom: Recites his phone number.

Me: Thank you again, good bye.

-----------------------

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Verboten not verbotin 🙄

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
John,

You are a real nice guy. I would be grateful if you would bless my Mother with your perfectly normal, non psychotic and beautiful conversations. You are just the kind of guy I would want to have speak to my dear sweet Mother. Some guy over in China loosing his mind over some trivial internet BS.

Sorry was there something wrong with the way i spoke to her? Was i supposed to hang up? I mean you know the backstory but the fact is that if a person called my mom and had the same short, respectful and polite conversation it wouldn't be any problem for me.

I am sure she, like most people, gets many more calls weekly from strangers that are actually trying to scam her and i would guess that Lalumiere isn't rampaging about that telling lies to whomever will listen.

You all like to twist shit around. This was literally a no harm no foul situation. I wouldn't even be surprised if Mike had a recording of the conversation between him and i and wouldn't share it because it would prove every word i said and contradict his publicly defamatory accusations.

I promise you this, if it had been you and you opened you more and challenged everyone to come at you by telling the forum your name and city you live in them i would have accepted your challenge and called the numbers listed and if your mom had picked up the conversation would have been exactly the same.

Whether you would have then lied to the forum about it is unclear but i wouldn't have done it any differently. I don't know who you are and don't give a shit but if we had beef and you tried yourself and i wanted to clear it up i would have done exactly what i did to try and resolve it.

You can label it however you want because i know that calling me names and otherwise insulting me is sport for you. But just because you can't label things properly doesn't mean that the contents magically change to fit your label.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

So it's better to not try and resolve things peacefully? Do we teach our children to hold grudges and keep fighting when there is an alternative path?

So if i post my contact information and tell people to reach out in person and someone contacts me to make peace they are being childish?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
reaching mommy by "accident" is a mitigating factor

How so? It's not like i specifically tried to reach his mom. And she didn't have to tell me she is his mother. I did literally nothing wrong here and claiming otherwise is not correct.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So it's better to not try and resolve things peacefully? Do we teach our children to hold grudges and keep fighting when there is an alternative path?
So if i post my contact information and tell people to reach out in person and someone contacts me to make peace they are being childish?
John, there are some people that ya' just cannot get along with..no matter what. Most everyone in life has experienced that...(all of us, probably).
Maybe it's best to just leave those people alone and keep on living a happy life?
:smile:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Duh!

How so? It's not like i specifically tried to reach his mom. And she didn't have to tell me she is his mother. I did literally nothing wrong here and claiming otherwise is not correct.

john, you might want to look up what mitigate means. Speaking of people that want to fight and argue on and on when they are clueless ...

By the way Ribdoner, I think you are a nice guy! If you don't like that we can argue about it for ten or fifteen pages!:grin:

Hu

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Imagine scouring the internet for hours on end to find a phone number. That some stalking level stuff. Then probably went through social media. This isn’t just looking up the phone book. It’s endless hours of searching.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
john, you might want to look up what mitigate means. Speaking of people that want to fight and argue on and on when they are clueless ...

By the way Ribdoner, I think you are a nice guy! If you don't like that we can argue about it for ten or fifteen pages!:grin:

Hu

Nice guy my ass, am the biggest, no good, no count, mf'r to ever screw a woman, man or cue together...end of argument!!

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Kickin" Chicken and the infamous Orville satchel full of cash!

I thought this thread was dying...looks like it sprang right back to life and could use a little hijacking.

John, were you trying to knock my action?

no more undercover chicken. :grin-square:

here's another pic from that same arena maybe a couple months before Lou & John's match. Was trying to help a nice Pinoy fellow with his game, gave him some pointers, especially on his breaking. Poor guy could barely get whitey to reach the rack. :rolleyes: :smile-us-down::grinning-moose: The other guy on the right is my long time close buddy and very good local player, Russian Paul and most will know Ed "The Sandman" owner of Sandcastle on the left..

Also, here's another shot of the two combatants showing some good sportsmanship. It would be nice if John and Lou could get past the unpleasantness but as low500 pointed out, there may be some people we just can't get along with no matter what. Not assigning any blame here, but it does seem like there may be a fair amount deserved by both guys..

Life's too short to stay stuck on negativity.

And for anyone who keeps stirring the pot without offering anything constructive, you really should ratchet it down.

best,
brian kc

Attachments

• me-Ed-Busty-Paul.jpg
    me-Ed-Busty-Paul.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 339
  • Lou-John-handshake-Sandcastle-1p-3-14.jpg
    Lou-John-handshake-Sandcastle-1p-3-14.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ha!

Nice guy my ass, am the biggest, no good, no count, mf'r to ever screw a woman, man or cue together...end of argument!!

You are a nice guy from a long line of nice guys! Your daddy, your granddaddy, your great granddaddy, even your great great granddaddy, all nice guys! Not only that, your sons are nice guys too!

In consideration of the day I will admit that your mom is not a nice guy! A very sweet and nice lady, but certainly not a guy!

Hu

PS: You have a nice dog too!

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought this thread was dying...looks like it sprang right back to life and could use a little hijacking.

John, were you trying to knock my action?

no more undercover chicken. :grin-square:

here's another pic from that same arena maybe a couple months before Lou & John's match. Was trying to help a nice Pinoy fellow with his game, gave him some pointers, especially on his breaking. Poor guy could barely get whitey to reach the rack. :rolleyes: :smile-us-down::grinning-moose: The other guy on the right is my long time close buddy and very good local player, Russian Paul and most will know Ed "The Sandman" owner of Sandcastle on the left..

Also, here's another shot of the two combatants showing some good sportsmanship. It would be nice if John and Lou could get past the unpleasantness but as low500 pointed out, there may be some people we just can't get along with no matter what. Not assigning any blame here, but it does seem like there may be a fair amount deserved by both guys..

Life's too short to stay stuck on negativity.

And for anyone who keeps stirring the pot without offering anything constructive, you really should ratchet it down.

best,
brian kc

You’re just a backer from what it seems nothing more nothing less.

I did notice you put your hands on him to validate your relationship but he’s probably thinking get your filthy hands off me.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
You’re just a backer from what it seems nothing more nothing less.

I did notice you put your hands on him to validate your relationship but he’s probably thinking get your filthy hands off me.

Wow Hank, what's the problem? Brian's a great guy.