If not Simonis, than what?

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe check out the CPBA cloth. There is a thread in the Other Item Review section. Gets good reviews from home as well as commercial users and is apparently about half the price of Simonis.
Never heard of them so I checked them out. Unfortunately it doesn't look like they have the color I want to get.

Thanks anyway though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe it used to be, but Andy is no longer that much less $ than Simonis.
My place paid approx. $170 for 9ft. 988. Granted we bought in bulk(12 9ft's) . I think its around $230 if you just buy one. I recently played on CPBA and it seemed real nice also. Last i chk'd on Ebay it was around $150-160 for 9ft.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
ProLine ProForm 505. Installs similar to Simonis 860HR, in regards to stretch. The speed is also similar. Cost is about half.

I install a lot of it. The durability does not quite match that of Simonis, but for a home table, I doubt that you'd notice the difference.

Contact 'dontlitethat' - Rob Molina

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ProLine ProForm 505. Installs similar to Simonis 860HR, in regards to stretch. The speed is also similar. Cost is about half.

I install a lot of it. The durability does not quite match that of Simonis, but for a home table, I doubt that you'd notice the difference.

Contact 'dontlitethat' - Rob Molina
Thanks. So far this seems to be the winner and has the color I want too. A friend of mine just picked up some for his table, he and I are to install it this week.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If Simonis 860/860HR is not an option for you whether it be cost or availability, what would you go with as a backup? Bear in mind I am asking (obviously) because I want the best bang for the buck but without the hefty price tag for a home table to just have for family fun and knocking a few balls around here and there.
Stay with the simonis 860 forget the extra $150

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stay with the simonis 860 forget the extra $150
There's always one who veers off the path of the question. Buying a home is expensive, restoring a pool table, cloth, finish, cushions, facings and supplies is expensive. Paying a 60 day early termination penalty for breaking our rental lease is expensive, paying movers is expensive, not to mention all the life's expenses in between. The money I am looking to save on the cloth I put on a table that will only be played on 99.999999999999999999999877543% of the time will help.

;)

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went with Simonis tournament Blue 860 HD but if you’re looking for A alternative I would go with champion cloth it will last a long time around the Home.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
there's always one who veers off the path of the question. Buying a home is expensive, restoring a pool table, cloth, finish, cushions, facings and supplies is expensive. Paying a 60 day early termination penalty for breaking our rental lease is expensive, paying movers is expensive, not to mention all the life's expenses in between. The money i am looking to save on the cloth i put on a table that will only be played on 99.999999999999999999999877543% of the time will help.

;)

sent from my oneplus a6013 using tapatalk

no comprendez

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is the color you want a secret?
Not at all, I am sure it's mentioned somewhere here, (Steel) Grey. I would prefer tour blue (or close to it) since the table will be black and that combo is perfect but in order to convince my wife that a table is going in tbe common area of our one story no basement house, I said I'd pick a cloth color that matches the room/decor.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not at all, I am sure it's mentioned somewhere here, (Steel) Grey. I would prefer tour blue (or close to it) since the table will be black and that combo is perfect but in order to convince my wife that a table is going in tbe common area of our one story no basement house, I said I'd pick a cloth color that matches the room/decor.

Last edited:

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
Granito tournament 2000

Love it, every bit as fast as as Simonis, slightly heavier nap and doesn't wear thin like simonis.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Just for fun and to reach back and see what pool used to be like when you had to have a stroke, go with something nappy. Try heavy wool cloth. I think Mali made it.

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Championship tour edition 3030 in a good even playing cloth. Lasts a long time too. I like it better than simonis. It wears better and isn't quirky like simonis