KD Gabon Ebony - Group Buy

cuedaddy

Banned
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Little back story on this:

Use to sell timber for a company via drop shipping, had it all set up.. working
on an online ordering center for them.. 2 months in, they decided that it was
not cost effective for them to continue and set a min purchase on the timber. So 3 months later, i've come up with with a portion of the required funds.. thought there might be some of you interested in inexpensive, Vacuum kiln dried gabon ebony.. This is the same ebony Joe use to have! If you know what im talking about, you know value

Sticks are available in
6/4x10,15,16,17+18" lengths

I need to sell 80 board feet and we are in business.. Price is $50 per board foot + Shipping to your location..

Logistics: Wood will be purchased and sent to kiln's in New York.
Shipping to the kilns is covered in your price
Vacuum kilns..
Estimated 2-3 week Wait time for drying
From there they will be shipped to you .. Guaranteed to be <12%mc probably much lower. Shipping price will be established after wood has been dried. Or, we will ship through your shipping account (FedEx UPS) To guarantee no overcharge :grin: .

This will run like a raffle except we are just trying to get to a specific number 53bdf more.
Payment via Credit Card, Paypal .. or other route
My name is Andy
Phone number is at the bottom along with payment info.

Min Purchase is 10 sticks.

You can post on here and I will update the thread with info.. or PM and i will keep your name confidential. Any question call or write

Just a figure to get you interested: a 6/4x18 stick will cost $14

Current Purchased: ~24Bdf

5.625bdf - Blue Hog ridr
22.48bdf - Anonymous

Last edited:

cuedaddy

Banned
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Im sure there are some others that might not understand how to calculate board footage

larry, ive got to come up with 4k to get this deal going.. not only to be able to purchase the timber but to make it cost effective to have it dried in a kiln.. So im offering my services at near cost to make it possible for myself to get the timber that I would like to purchase.

to calculate board footage you take the length x width x height and divide by 144 ... so if you take a 18" piece you would (1.5x1.5x18 = 40) then (40/144 = .28) or 28% of a board foot .. so to figure out the price you would take $50 x .28 which equals $14

Note that air dried at its cheapest is going for double or more than double this price :)

cuedaddy

Banned
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Oh and to explain the minimum purchase, I have to pay my kiln operator to dry the wood on top of my purchase price as well as potentially pay him to ship the packages out depending on how much labor will be involved. Thus the reason to limit how many packages would need to go out - Min Order

cuedaddy

Banned
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Yes EL, Your getting better quality ebony, than anything on the market .. note a vacuum kiln dried piece 30x6x6 runs at about $80+/ board foot in the us.. and it comes very sparce.. .. If your unsatisfied with the wood, Ill shit .. thats my satisfaction guarantee

Im going out on a limb offering a product that is in extremely high demand, and very low availability, at near cost on my end, with myself putting up a majority of the overhead, with a very small required initial investment on your part and guaranteed by my name

If the pieces come out of the kiln checked, I will be taking those pieces. I will probably take an initial loss on the whole deal until I sell some of my inventory, but the overall quality and unique product that will come out of the deal could potentially establish a new standard for the market.

can you name one place that you can purchase vacuum kiln dried ebony? I know of two people selling it

.. Your probably best off giving me a call to talk for a minute or an hour
Andy 715.271.2009

Last edited: