Table mechanic in DC/NOVA

gkloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My coworking is looking for a good table mechanic to move and refelt an antique table in the DC area. Anyone have any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Call John at Classic Billiards. He has the user name Scruffy1 I got his number here somewhere but can't reach it. Someone will post it soon or you can send him a PM

All the best!

KD
Mike Wilson

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tell him we miss him here!

There isn't a better mechanic in the area, measured by either skills or integrity.

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
i always see table mechanic ads when doing a Craigslist search on tables here in DC/NoVa.

homer66_59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GKLOOP Table Set Up In NOVA

Gkloop I used Kevin from Higgins Billiard Supply in Woodbridge Va . I bought the table GC 3 1800 and 600 to set the table up and install new Simonis 860 cloth. He did a great job and his prices are reasonable . Here is his email.pooltableguy@comcast.net 703-492-7665 . Tim

Last edited:

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tell him we miss him here!

There isn't a better mechanic in the area, measured by either skills or integrity.

BB, do your remember, or know, Billy, i think his name and his son used to do Champion tables, with King Pin? Is the father still covering tables?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BB, do your remember, or know, Billy, i think his name and his son used to do Champion tables, with King Pin? Is the father still covering tables?

I believe that billy was billy pullen. I forgot the sons name, but when I tried to get him years ago, the pin told me he moved out of the dc area, to Norfolk or some place down that way.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another vote for John Burns here. Unlike another well known mechanic who is a legend in his own mind, John will actually show up at the appointed time and date. That's worth a lot too. He's done three tables within slingshot distance from me. We're all happy with his work.

He also has a history with antique tables.

homer66_59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To My Friends

Hello to my friends in NOVA . You know what?. As I write this I feel by me just opening my mouth like I did something uncool ?. So I will say to my friends in NOVA . Come fight with me and Americas Best The ODA way. In Afghanistan Bring your ass. I thought not for you guys . But cool is cool VYC and GKLOOP all I tried to do is Help . Tim

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello to my friends in NOVA . You know what?. As I write this I feel by me just opening my mouth like I did something uncool ?. So I will say to my friends in NOVA . Come fight with me and Americas Best The ODA way. In Afghanistan Bring your ass. I thought not for you guys . But cool is cool VYC and GKLOOP all I tried to do is Help . Tim

I don't think there is anything wrong with providing alternatives. I have never used Higgins though.

Vyc

╭∩╮(︶︿&#650
Silver Member

Homer, I don't know where you're coming from, and what exactly the above means. I didn't mean to criticize anyone ESPECIALLY not you since I don't even know who you are.

John Burns set up BB's and my table. He did an awesome job. I personally know GKLOOP so I'm recommending someone to help out my friend based on excellent service I personally received from John Burns.

I don't know who Kevin is from Higgins Billiard Supply, so how can I reasonably recommend him to do work for someone?

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe that billy was billy pullen. I forgot the sons name, but when I tried to get him years ago, the pin told me he moved out of the dc area, to Norfolk or some place down that way.

Thanks BB, Billy covered my table in 2008, he was 60 or 70 years old then, when it was time for installing the slate , I asked him if he needs help, he told me, noh your back can't take it, and lift the 3 slate one at atime by himself, I was shocked for a 70 yr old man then.

homer66_59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
VYC GKloop, Let me apologize to all of you who had to read my outburst . I was unprofessional and did not help the situation by my little tantrum. Please accept my apology . I am sorry to all . Tim