Thread: gambling
View Single Post
Old
  (#9)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-15-2006, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert
Larry beat Steve in One Pocket when Steve knew nothing about the game. He hustled him and Larry was one of the best hustlers ever. Got me once too. After this Steve determined to learn how to play One Hole and eventually became one of the best at it as well. In fact, I believe Steve beat Larry in the only tournament One Pocket match they ever played in Philly.
And yes, Steve did do some gambling when he was in college in Louisiana and Iowa I believe. He was well known around Lake Charles and Alexandria in the mid 60's. I went thru there and they tried to match me up with him and I already knew Steve. Once he became a teacher and started working his gambling career came to an end.