View Single Post
Old
  (#75)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute
 
JoeyInCali's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 23,635
vCash: 4400
iTrader: 80 / 100%
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: OC, California
   
06-28-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray Tucker View Post
Many moons ago when I was first starting a well meaning cue maker gave me some advice and told me it would make sealing the cue quick and easy. Since he had been around a while and I was new I just took it for face value and tried it. Sure enough I had the cue sealed and perfectly flat in a matter of minutes. Shot the clear coat, buffed it and sent the cue on it's way. Got a call a few days later that there was a problem with the finish lifting. Got the cue back and sure enough I could peal all the clear coat off with no effort. It had absolutely no adhesion whatsoever.

My first though is that I was duped but after a few questions I found out he was shooting lacquer and I was shooting urethane.

After that I learned to thoroughly test any new technique or product before incorporating/using in my cues.
Word!
I hate to add up what I've spent on finishing so far.
Lord!
  
Reply With Quote