View Single Post
Old
  (#12)
KMRUNOUT
AzB Silver Member
KMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-24-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorider View Post
I have lamented several times on here about my lousy 9 ball break. I have always hated 9 ball and sometimes still do but I have gotten a little more serious about the game since it is a requirement in apa double jeapordy .

I have practiced on nothing but the break many times. Experimented with different locations and different speeds . I have even went through several break cues looking for the magic wand. I have even blamed the disability in my shooting hand on occasion but at other times refuse to accept that as an excuse.

Sometimes it seemed like I had it figured out because I broke good one night but then the next time I broke exactly the same way and had lousy results. This has happened way too many times. I have even asked for pointers from better players with mixed results.

Its an oxymoron being the best 9 ball player on my team and having the worst break of any of my team mates. I aint kidding when I say a girl who is a 3 has a better break than I do.

Like I said....i have went through a few break cues and sometimes even borrowed my opponents breaker during our matches looking for that magic breaker.

I faced a 7 Friday night who I am very friendly with . I used his breaker a few times with decent results and he used mine once and said he did not like it ...actually he said it was no good...i replied I thought it was just me lol.

He has a poison and its light as a feather. So i thought about ordering me one. Then it dawned on me. I have a cue sitting in the closet that is real light with and has a break tip on it. I don't know what the tip is called....its actually a one piece tip/ ferrule combo. Its transparent. I have never seen another one like it. I bought this cue 10 years ago for 20.00 at a pawn shop. It came with 2 shafts . The other shaft has a regular leather tip on it.

So I dug it out of the closet and took it to league last night. I did ok breaking 8 ball with it. Well they dumped a 3 on me in 9 ball and I thought aww crap. So I decided I better check every rack before I broke . To my surprise she gave me a good rack every time and I never had to ask for a rerack.

I broke 5 times ..never scratched. Made a ball 4 times and she was hooked on my one dry break. Had a look at the next ball in the other 4 racks and easy shots in 3 of them.
Held the cue ball in the middle of the table every time and nothing knocked the cue ball in which I have had happen way many times.

One night is too early to tell if I found my magic breaker but I am happy with last nights results.

I was waiting to see if you were going to get around to mentioning the rack. You did, but did not seem to recognize its importance. If you are not getting a consistently frozen rack, any changes you make to your break, equipment, whatever, are random shots in the dark. By a 100 miles the most important element of a 9 ball break is the rack. If you want to verify this for yourself, spend a session breaking with the magic rack. See how you like the results. Break from the side rail, hit the one ball square. Very hard not to make the corner ball. Same is true with a triangle rack if the balls are racked tightly.

Hope it helps,

KMRUNOUT