8-Ball Rule

Cardinal_Syn

Julz
Silver Member
Which is more commonly used in 8-ball......behind the line or ball in hand.....which is used in tournaments, which is the right one?.....This is why i don't play 8-ball much.....every one has their own rule, not like 9-ball where it's simple to understand. I play ball in hand in 8-ball just to prevent any "cheap" moves that might occur.

1-P

Cardinal_Syn said:
Which is more commonly used in 8-ball......behind the line or ball in hand.....which is used in tournaments, which is the right one?.....This is why i don't play 8-ball much.....every one has their own rule, not like 9-ball where it's simple to understand. I play ball in hand in 8-ball just to prevent any "cheap" moves that might occur.

I don't think there is an answer to your question for the same reason you stated, the rules are different everywhere. Yes, we have the BCA and WPA rules but you also have APA, Moose, Legion, and the list goes on.

8-ball is not a bad game at all, but I shy away from it for the same reason. Who needs a discussion on rules to preceed every match you play with someone new.

1-P

Walt in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
weelie said:
after the break behind the line, other times it's BIH. That's the international standardized version (APA will differ). Check www.wpa-pool.com

Actually, APA and BCA rules don't differ from this - (From the kitchen after the break, BIH any other time.)

Walt in VA

maximillion

justa strokin!
Silver Member
for the most part I see and play bih rules on 9ft tables, but on a bar table its behind the line. Most arguments over 8 ball dont happen between avid players because most play the league bih rule or the house rules are just unspokenly known, Its when an avid player trys to play with a nonplayer is when arguments tend to happen, Its always best to just be passive and play by the other persons rules if your sure you can beat them anyway

jjinfla

Banned
Where I play in the weekly 8-ball tournament at the local bar on bar tables if you scratch on the break it's BIH in the kitchen. If you foul then you have a choice of playing the CB where it is or taking BIH in the kitchen. And the 8-ball must go clean. If a new guy questions the rules he is told they are "George's" rules. If you don't like them don't play. George is the owner. Once you know the rules what's so complicated about it. You still have to make the shots. Jake

Joseph Cues

Cue Nut
Silver Member
jjinfla said:
Where I play in the weekly 8-ball tournament at the local bar on bar tables if you scratch on the break it's BIH in the kitchen. If you foul then you have a choice of playing the CB where it is or taking BIH in the kitchen. And the 8-ball must go clean. If a new guy questions the rules he is told they are "George's" rules. If you don't like them don't play. George is the owner. Once you know the rules what's so complicated about it. You still have to make the shots. Jake
Obviously, George doesn't know the real rules.:D
8 must go in clean? And shoot the fouls where the cb lays or bih in the kitchen? Sounds like a modified ring game.:D
But, the good thing is there is only ONE set of rules on Georges's place.

linds

proudly Philippine made!
Silver Member
Cardinal_Syn said:

cardinal, nice to see you here...
:) :) :)