EMILY DUDDY Professional

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I enjoy this guys videos there are a bunch of them.
https://youtu.be/zlyCIIs2WOk

I have a hard time thinking of them as pros.
More like hobbyists hoping to go pro.
Same with lower level pro boxers or mma fighters.
They are paid but its below minimum wage ffs.

90% of this forum has probably made money playing pool
tournaments, are we pros?

Like Jason said I'm happy she is finding a way to
make money doing something she loves, you cant
put a price on that.
I hope she does well in all her endeavors although both
of these t.v. shows are not my cup of tea.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
She's on AZB money list for 2019 at $2,850 that doesn't take into account entry fees, hotels, gas, etc.

Sorry, not a Pro.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
but she's ahead of Johnny Archer and Max Eberle on that list ............ :eek::wink:

Lol. Is anybody a pro?

That's almost a valid point, really is anybody a pro year to year other than a few.

It's almost like all but maybe 10 players are amateurs hoping to become pros.

There are only 6 players over 70 thousand for the year, I suppose 70k could be considered pro.

Next closest is $49,000, take into account travel(airplane and car rental), hotels, entry fees, gas, restaurant food, taxes on winnings, and you're not left with much to live on.

Pro pool is an Amateur sport.

billlaur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
14.1 jacksonville fl

Is 9 ball heaven able to accomadate a large crowd for the 14.1 world straight pool tournament...:smile:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Lol. Is anybody a pro?

That's almost a valid point, really is anybody a pro year to year other than a few.

It's almost like all but maybe 10 players are amateurs hoping to become pros.

There are only 6 players over 70 thousand for the year, I suppose 70k could be considered pro.

Next closest is $49,000, take into account travel(airplane and car rental), hotels, entry fees, gas, restaurant food, taxes on winnings, and you're not left with much to live on.

Pro pool is an Amateur sport.

and yet, the entire world won't change pool's professional status based on what some dude on the internet says. Imagine that.

So, the Mosconi Cup is just a APA event on steroids, and they are NOT professional players. Good to know. LOL

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

put a price on that.

Yep, still a pro boxer even if he loses every single fight. I don't expect folks who never really played at a high level in any sport to understand this.

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Limited bandswidth and I just saw the video tonight. It wouldn't even try to play earlier.

The good thing, nice to see a pool hall without the fight scene starting thirty seconds later. The other good thing, the other good thing, the other good thing...

I think this was scripted start to finish including the "candid" part, or this is a relationship that Emily has built with the guys there. Then there are the black and white results, 100% each way! Not even the guys from the hood playing the klan would get 100% each way.

Been bringing girls and ladies in halls for fifty years and none were ever treated like this. A couple of friends were very attractive blondes and I sometimes had one or both with me. A few guys bowed to me in respect and envy but that was the closest thing to harassment. My niece rode to a city down the road with me to take care of some business and we stopped and played a little pool recently. Perfect situation for comments, dirty old man and a pretty young girl. Somewhere I am not particularly known either. Not a murmur.

Even with the touchy feely ending after the owner is shown the error of his ways I think I like the fight scenes better. I think a lot more people will realize they are fake than will realize this is.

Hu

I don't doubt the part in red. The question is what happens if they go in without you?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
and yet, the entire world won't change pool's professional status based on what some dude on the internet says. Imagine that.

So, the Mosconi Cup is just a APA event on steroids, and they are NOT professional players. Good to know. LOL

I see you're being silly now.

Good for you.

When was Emily on the Mosconi cup?

And yes, if the 10k you get from winning or 5k you get from losing(may be 20 now and 10 for losing) doubles your pay for the year or close to it then I wouldn't call that much of a PROfession.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Good for you.

And yes, if the 10k you get from winning or 5k you get from losing(may be 20 now and 10 for losing) doubles your pay for the year or close to it then I wouldn't call that much of a PROfession.

Raised to $30,000 and $15,000 for this year (from $20k, $10k).

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This thread has sat at the top of this Forum for days and has 190 posts. Emily is obviously relevant to the professional pool world!

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

put a price on that.

I’m going with this one

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
This thread has sat at the top of this Forum for days and has 190 posts. Emily is obviously relevant to the professional pool world!

O Rly?

Exactly how many pros have posted on it?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

So if somebody is irrelevant and that's the discussion, by discussing their irrelevance makes them relevant? Wow, trippy dude

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

Good for you.

Silly, you just said if you don't make $75K a year, it's a hobby and they are not pro's.

Yeah, and there are some rich dudes that don't think much of your profession. There is always someone better and richer than you. And if you think joe billionaire thinks what you do or what some other dudes do and thinks its' a worthwhile venture, you'd be kidding yourself. He would think your a scmuck working for someone else, for peanuts. Does that make it true, or is he just an arrogant prik because he has more money? I dunno, you tell me?

And yet, Emily is on the top page of a pool forum all day long for almost a week. LMAO

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Silly, you just said if you don't make $75K a year, it's a hobby and they are not pro's.

Yeah, and there are some rich dudes that don't think much of your profession. There is always someone better and richer than you. And if you think joe billionaire thinks what you do or what some other dudes do and thinks its' a worthwhile venture, you'd be kidding yourself. He would think your a scmuck working for someone else, for peanuts. Does that make it true, or is he just an arrogant prik because he has more money? I dunno, you tell me?

And yet, Emily is on the top page of a pool forum all day long for almost a week. LMAO

You are really twisty stuff now to fit your narrative, glad you have such an amazing fantasy world to live in.

Comprehension isnt your strong suit is it?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

What's really cool is I discovered I'm a Professional Poker player today. Chicks love that!

Think I might try to make $20 playing cornhole this weekend so I can turn pro in that too.