New Panjo Marketplace

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow... A lot of members are chaotic when a default setting was changed...
Bumping is no longer used, by default. It's a positive change to everyone, except those that bump constantly.

You can still set the 'sort by' manually. See attachment.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 867

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
Watch Forum Format

The Rolex Forums classified section allows only the seller to post on the thread and that prevents other people from bumping the item. If someone has info on a cue it could be PM'd to the seller and then added to the listing by the seller. It could easily work that way here since the engine is the same...Vbulletin.

Last edited:

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The "good old days":

Most users ever online was 2,705, 07-16-2008 at 01:38 PM.

The "Modern days", after all the fixes:

Currently Active Users: 492 (158 members and 334 guests)

That is for ALL forums. The "For Sale" forums:

Current Users: 82 (22 members & 60 guests)

Got everything fixed, now.

Joe

Last edited:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
The 48 hour rule was working fine..This new format is a waste of time and energy by az.

Because a couple people complain you scresure sitesw the whole forum up.

It was good the old way. All these differnt sections suck. Change it back or you are guaranteed to lose 25% of your traffic and that means less advertisers .

It's already happening.

Bad move !!!

Agreed 100%, bad move and 25% is a conservative number.
I wonder who sold AZ on this idea>>:rolleyes:
Reminds me of the old dead listings I used to stumble across while searching for cues.
When I say old, I mean like 2005, and most of that crap looked active, but it wasn't.
The motivating factor for AZ must be to force people over to Ebay, which seems to be what they would prefer.
This Panjo crap is the worst of both worlds, at least Ebay has a decent structure in place.
I've never sold anything on Ebay or Facebook, but I'm fixing to find out what it's like.
I've stayed away from social media, but I guess it's time.

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spent half a night trying to get to know this Panjo market crap.
I am very computer literate and I can tell you this:
Panjo is NOT a user friendly app.
Poor...No, sorry. VERY POOR structure.
Response time is slow.
If this thing is here to stay, I am moving to Facebook or else where.

Last edited:

MnHunter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks to me like panjo is not a hit with the forum users at all. Please consider changing back to the old system. If any changes need to be made I would think there are a couple changes that could be made that would make things run smoother for users. Have three separate sections for production cues, custom cues and cases & accessories. Threads will not move as much and people will not have to look through unwanted posts. I dont think many people in the market for a $3000 cue are interested in a fire sale on a $200 mcdermott.

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In the words of Aaron Rodgers... R-E-L-A-X!!!!

You can still post For Sale items the way you always have... the Panjo option is just that... an option. If you do not like it, don't use it. Very simple...

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
In the words of Aaron Rodgers... R-E-L-A-X!!!!

You can still post For Sale items the way you always have... the Panjo option is just that... an option. If you do not like it, don't use it. Very simple...

Panjo still blows...IMHO

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Panjo still blows...IMHO

So why use it Ted? I would say a high percentage of the Panjo listings are also listed in the FS Items forum. There is really no need to even look at the Panjo classifieds, let alone list there, if you think it blows.

asiasdad

Banned
Something that was working is now broken.

The same thing happens when you set a torque wrench to 15.5 ft lbs
and the instructions said to set it at inch pounds.

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Something that was working is now broken.

Ok... I admit, I might be a little slow... but what is broken? The For Sale section has not changed other than posts to a thread do not bump it to the top... which is a very good thing.

Jamie <--- is very confused about what is upsetting so many people

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok... I admit, I might be a little slow... but what is broken? The For Sale section has not changed other than posts to a thread do not bump it to the top... which is a very good thing.

Jamie <--- is very confused about what is upsetting so many people
Jamie,
nothing is upsetting except for the fact that Panjo is not user friendly and has bad structure overall.
But, as you mentioned - we have an option to use it or not to use it. Is that true? I did nto try it yet.
But, what I do not understand is this. Say, you have a post for sale. After a day or two or three it gets bumped back to page 394. How do you as OP bring it back to page 1 so people can see your product and possibly buy it?
I mean, you do not really think that people will be looking through few hundred pages to find a cue, do you?
That is what I would like to know. If someone can explain it to me in a simple way - I'd be grateful.

asiasdad

Banned

But, what I do not understand is this. Say, you have a post for sale. After a day or two or three it gets bumped back to page 394. How do you as OP bring it back to page 1 so people can see your product and possibly buy it?
I mean, you do not really think that people will be looking through few hundred pages to find a cue, do you?
That is what I would like to know. If someone can explain it to me in a simple way - I'd be grateful.

This is why it is broken Jamie.

The 48 hour rule was the fix however I do not believe there is a fix
for nut hugger bumping.

Another good fix would be a 30 day old thread auto-delete (and/or archived)
as previously mentioned in this thread.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But, as you mentioned - we have an option to use it or not to use it. Is that true? I did nto try it yet.

Then you have no argument for using Panjo.

But, what I do not understand is this. Say, you have a post for sale. After a day or two or three it gets bumped back to page 394.

The forum default "Last Post Time" is not meant for "bumping." It is meant to keep popular threads at the top. When a for sale forum is defaulted to Last Post Time, people "bump" their threads. Bumping is not a thing, it's a term used for someone purposely posting a reply to keep the thread at the top. It's also against the rules, unless you do it after 48 hours has passed from your previous post.

But, what I do not understand is this. Say, you have a post for sale. After a day or two or three it gets bumped back to page 394. How do you as OP bring it back to page 1 so people can see your product and possibly buy it?/SIZE]

Put a picture, with a link, in your signature. It looks like you already don't have a problem with having a large picture in your sig...

There is only one more "fix," but it will end with the same offensive tone as many in this thread already have...

There is a forum default to only allow the thread starter to post in his/her thread. There is also a forum default to only allow replies to be made every X number of seconds/minutes/hours. This eliminates over-bumping, but also eliminates other members to reply to a thread. They must send a private message or email to contact the thread starter.

Now that I'm looking through this thread. I see that most of the complaints are from members that sell high volume. Cue dealers, makers, and other members selling accessories in high volume should have to purchase a maker/dealer membership. Then, subforums for dealers and makers should be created and only maker/dealer paid members can create threads there. The forum default could be set back to last post time, for members that constantly add to the same thread. Add in the 48 hour post default and you solved another problem.

I'm not a moderator, administrator, or am paid by AzBilliards for anything. I am here, because I enjoy the forums and have been fortunate enough to see first hand, the kindness of others here. It's a great place and should not be ruined by people wanting to use it as eBay. Now, that being said, I am offering this advice and can expand on all of it, in depth, with any moderator or admin that would like to hear my solutions. I've been using vBulletin forums for the past 10+ years, I've seen it all.

Last edited:

asiasdad

Banned
There is only one more "fix," but it will end with the same offensive tone as many in this thread already have...

There is a forum default to only allow the thread starter to post in his/her thread. There is also a forum default to only allow replies to be made every X number of seconds/minutes/hours. This eliminates over-bumping, but also eliminates other members to reply to a thread. They must send a private message or email to contact the thread starter.

I love this idea ...you have the nut hugger fix !!

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then you have no argument for using Panjo.

The forum default "Last Post Time" is not meant for "bumping." It is meant to keep popular threads at the top. When a for sale forum is defaulted to Last Post Time, people "bump" their threads. Bumping is not a thing, it's a term used for someone purposely posting a reply to keep the thread at the top. It's also against the rules, unless you do it after 48 hours has passed from your previous post.

Put a picture, with a link, in your signature. It looks like you already don't have a problem with having a large picture in your sig...

I did try to use Panjo most of the night last night. What really meant to say was - i did not try to post anything without using Panjo. And therefore, was not sure if we can.

And that was my question precisely - HOW do I get my post back tot the first page AFTER 48 HOUR period.

And what if I do not want to put a picture in my signature? What if I want to be able to move my post to page 1? Or is tat too much to ask? I mean, after all, what is the benefit of being a gold member if you can not even promote your posts to front page?
Or am I being unreasonable here? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I like this idea as well. It would work fine.