Please show us your absolute masterpieces!

al-capool

Imagine all the people...
Silver Member
Dear Custom Cue Makers,
Would you please show us some good pictures of your all time best masterpieces of Custom / High End Cues, you ever made? Including a short description of the used materials?
I already thank you very much and I'm happily waiting for the first pics!
KR

moccabee

Mocc1Cues
Silver Member
I am currently building the following:

30" Buckeye Burl with Curly Maple Points.
Buckeye Burl and Ivory rings
Damascus Steel Joint

al-capool

Silver Member
Actually I even know in which forum I am

There is a whole section already for that......
http://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Dear Cue Makers,
I asked my demand to watch what YOU, the cue makers, not the customers, are considering which cues were your biggest challenges and on which you obtained with all the hours, days or even weeks you had to invest, the most satisfying results!?
I thought that could have been for real another perspective, to see which are your all time favourites? With very interesting pics of the finished cues (or even with a few pics from the diff. steps of making) descriptions and maybe containing also your motivations, difficulties to make them. I'm sure that behind some cues, there are some very particular storys?!
That's why I wanted to know your "masterpieces"...

Well, if you don't want to, just keep going on writing more of these very funny and fine jokes! But please don't forget to repeat that I'm in the wrong forum. Even If I just wanted to ASK THE CUEMAKER

Last edited:

Vince_Former_BB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's a great question, personally. I had an exhibit of my paintings years ago and the ones I thought were the best, my masterpieces, were the ones that didn't sell. Weird. One mans trash is another mans treasure.

bdcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This would be mine... even if it is in the wrong section.

Attachments

• cue_open.jpg
    cue_open.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 419

al-capool

Silver Member
I think it's a great question, personally. I had an exhibit of my paintings years ago and the ones I thought were the best, my masterpieces, were the ones that didn't sell. Weird. One mans trash is another mans treasure.

Thank you very much Vince,
You are the first who got it. Who realy understood, why I posted my demand exact in this forum here!

al-capool

Silver Member
This would be mine... even if it is in the wrong section.

A big thank you to you too Bob for the pics and sorry but I still think that I placed my question in the right section.
Btw it is the first time I see that cue you're holding on your Avatar on a bigger picture and I'm really impressed. This is for real an Ivory loaded masterpiece of a cue! What could I add more than WOW,WOW and one more WOW!
All the best to you and your family, Roberto

P.S. Who did all these scrim shaw works on the Ivory handle of this cue?

Last edited:

bdcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A big thank you to you too Bob for the pics and sorry but I still think that I placed my question in the right section.

Sorry, my response was brief and did not convey what was meant. You asked a question, I answered it, even if some object to where the question was asked since it includes attaching pictures when there is another thread that may have been more appropriate.

By the way, the cue is Ivory, Ebony and Curly Maple. The box is Birdseye Maple, Ebony and Ivory.

Thanks Roberto, enjoy your weekend.

bdcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Btw it is the first time I see that cue you're holding on your Avatar on a bigger picture and I'm really impressed. This is for real an Ivory loaded masterpiece of a cue! What could I add more than WOW,WOW and one more WOW!

P.S. Who did all these scrim shaw works on the Ivory handle of this cue?

The scrimshaw was done by Howard Thomas of Sailors Dream. He does great work.

P.S. Send me your email and I will send pics of scrim detail.