Carlo Biado's stroke

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So does Efren. Does it help their starting at the center of the CB?

I used to do that, and for the same reason. I didn't do it on purpose. I just naturally lined up on every shot low, and then adjusted at some point to where I really want to hit it.

I think Ortmann does something similar as well, and probably lots of other guys too.

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He lines up distinctly on the left side of the ball, for just about every shot, not low center. If you haven't seen it I implore you to check out some videos on YouTube.

That being said I think he is an amazing player, Jay said it best, if it works then do it. Carlo is a true artist at what he does.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the following vid Moore is teaching the contact point on the OB and not CTE.

Everyone only taught basic stuff back then. Nobody put the good stuff out for the world to see. But now we have the internet and no more secrets.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Biado was contracted 10 years ago by the aiming system proponents to add a swoop to his stroke, so they could sell and teach us bangers their systems! ha ha ha.

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He lines up distinctly on the left side of the ball, for just about every shot, not low center. If you haven't seen it I implore you to check out some videos on YouTube.

That being said I think he is an amazing player, Jay said it best, if it works then do it. Carlo is a true artist at what he does.

I googled a vid of Biado and watched his stroke from behind and he move his grip hand and wrist inward a bit toward his body before hitting the CB causing his tip to move a bit to the right.

Could he be compensating for his natural/comfortable stroke? He could have taken lessons to learn how to stroke straight forward instead. "If t ain't broke, don't fix it" - compensate.

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I googled a vid of Biado and watched his stroke from behind and he move his grip hand and wrist inward a bit toward his body before hitting the CB causing his tip to move a bit to the right.

Could he be compensating for his natural/comfortable stroke? He could have taken lessons to learn how to stroke straight forward instead. "If t ain't broke, don't fix it" - compensate.

...or could he be using this aiming system which includes a pivot always from left to right:

http://www.billiardsthegame.com/offset-and-pivot-aiming-systems-395

Like Monte and Dave did in these videos:

https://vimeo.com/31802564

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMhCKSU22Uc

Could it possibly be that??

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I wasn't Aw

Somehow all the theories on "proper" ways to play and stroke the cue ball begin to break down when you watch great players like Trump, Biado, Efren, Bustamante and Shane play pool. I have always said there are as many different strokes as there are pool players. Who is to say what is the correct way to stroke the ball. Most of the so called "Theorists" would love to be able to play the game as well as those mentioned above!

I'm not so sure all the great players with "faulty" strokes would play so well if they somehow corrected their faults. I do not think there is one right way to play pool or stroke through the cue ball. In my lifetime I've seen exactly one Buddy Hall, who made the best hit on the cue ball of any player ever imo. He actually could hit dead center cue ball over and over again. The sound the cue ball made when struck by Buddy's cue was the cleanest you ever heard. But he was unique and that doesn't make all the rest of these great players wrong because they can't do that as well.

I wasn't aware that Trump was a great pool player...

Jaden