Chalkshaper..... cool new gizmo

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not planning on one either. Its definitely aimed at those who go for the $25 chalk gaff. I get free Master at the ph. When it gets a lil deep i chuck it. No file, no gizmo, no nothin. Just reload.

If someone spends $25 on chalk I sure hope they know how to chalk their cue without making it look like the Grand Canyon when their done. :D

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hate to knock innovative ideas and the time, money and effort involved...but, get the same results (and if not quicker) from my old-school tip pick/chalk shaper (for about $.50 forty years ago). Just a bit more convenient and portable than the sidewalk.

Yup, four way Nicholson file.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
That was a total waste of 3 minutes.

I feel bad for the idiot that pissed away his nut on this junk.:frown:

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
Two thoughts on this revolutionary new product ...

1. How dumb is this?

2. You can buy a lot of Masters chalk for $30 which takes me back to point number 1.

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw this at the expo. You start with a new piece of chalk. Every time you use the chalk you use this device to grind the edge of the chalk to keep it at a flat price like a new piece.
From what I saw and understand I thought it was a crappy gimmick. That is just my opinion. Again, my opinion is that this a very cheap, plastic devise that will not last long or be of any realistic use.

I feel that some vendors come to the expo, especially vendors from outside the United States who believe that we will buy any gimmick for a ridiculously high price. $30 chalk. $800 glasses. Shoes for playing pool. They must doing well enough because the cost of the booth.

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw it at the SBE

I saw this at the SBE also and I checked out the guys demo. I usually use sandpaper to flatten out chaulk but I figured let's see what he has there. When he told me it was $25 bucks I almost fell over! It looks like it should be no more than $4.99.
I also heard it was 3D printed.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a friend who cuts it down in a vice with a saw.
Not sure how low he will go.

AC965F9F-C6EC-4F55-8A7B-4948AFAAE515.jpeg

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
The next million dollar idea!

This thread gave me an idea for the next must have tool. A power chalker! The chalk would sit in the end of the chalk holder and when gentle pressure was applied the chalk would spin at 1750RPM. If the chalk wasn't already the size and shape of Master a custom designed shaper or adapter also marketed by my company would be used. The two devices could be paired together and sold at a slight discount.

Still in the early R&D stages and nothing firm but possible names include "Blue Haze" or "The Thriller Driller". I haven't set up my Go Fund Me page yet but early investors are welcome to contact me directly to get in on this fantastic opportunity on the ground floor. $1000 would make you a Pearl level investor, $5000 would make you a Diamond investor and for a mere $10,000 you can be an Emerald investor! Investments of $25,000 or more will automatically make the investor an honorary partner with all of the benefits and privileges of that position.

Once investment reaches the two-million dollar mark the pre-production opportunities for investment will be gone and so will I. Act now for this chance of a lifetime. Don't be left out thinking what might have been!

Hu

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Couldn't agree with you more.
I was like any minute they will zoom in, then the guy at the end comes on close up and I thought here we go he will show it in action.

Nope, just telling you there are 5 colors.

The video on the site was absolutely useless. Would have liked to seen a closeup of the device in action.

So from it levels off the chalk again?

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
I hate new chalk. I take a nickel and give it a little deeper groove before I use a new piece. Then I apply it to the tip by swiping it across. I like it when it gets broken in. Last thing I would want to do is grind it down to flat again.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of these comments are a little abrasive.
Exactly. I don't how many of them have ever tried to develop, produce then market anything. Its not easy. I don't care what it is. I hope this guy does ok with this. Its really easy to be the expert critic from behind a keyboard/phone.