Dennis O v JRB $100k middle

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I hate to let people get even

Jeff, Dennis has made "bad" games before and won the money anyway. I've seen him give up too much weight and still win. You make the biggest scores when you outrun the nuts. And Dennis gives up what looks like the nuts frequently.

Haven't you ever played a guy that you were pretty sure you could beat and won the first set and then they got lucky and won the second set. Then they quit, happy to be even. It only happened to me about a hundred times. I learned I had to get them stuck and keep them stuck. :D

P.S. You're right, Dennis didn't want to quit.

I used to always try to double the bet. While most balked at that, they would usually then compromise and go with one and a half times the first bet. I was fine with that, even if they won. I could usually keep them playing if they were ahead or behind there is just something about getting back to even that makes somebody want to quit if it is a tough battle.

Hu

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want you to take my money....no bullshit.

You are just one of those dudes with closet full of skinny jeans and no heart who thinks he's better than he is. I assure you I will correct that for a day. You are a 200 pound halibut, nothing more.

I've caught a 200 pound halibut, it's not as easy as you'd think. Just sayin...

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know who you are or why you feel the need to beat this dead horse forever. Jason doesn't want to gamble with you and that was never his purpose on this thread. I do know one thing. If you are half the man Jason is then you're a helluva MAN!

Bromances aside he called me out...then retreated to the safety of his porch where the little dogs sit with their tailes between their legs

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Bromances aside he called me out...then retreated to the safety of his birch where the little dogs sit with their tailes between their legs

Never ever called you out quit lying. You got pissed off about me saying your employee sat on his ass rather than waiting on a customer. You're the one with the big mouth that started the "calling out" to play rather than just saying sorry for the shit customer service.

Quit your lying bullshit.

I'm giving you way more opportunity to shut your mouth and keep your money than anybody else ever would, I suggest you do it.

Btw, you said we could play for more in one of your recent chirps, how much more?

You've got me considering it.

poolnut7879

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeff, Dennis has made "bad" games before and won the money anyway. I've seen him give up too much weight and still win. You make the biggest scores when you outrun the nuts. And Dennis gives up what looks like the nuts frequently.

Haven't you ever played a guy that you were pretty sure you could beat and won the first set and then they got lucky and won the second set. Then they quit, happy to be even. It only happened to me about a hundred times. I learned I had to get them stuck and keep them stuck. :D

P.S. You're right, Dennis didn't want to quit.

Wasn't there a big deal one year at the Derby when Dennis pulled the money off the light during the middle of a set against "onepockethacker" over on 1pocket.org when he realized he was in a bad game?

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wasn't there a big deal one year at the Derby when Dennis pulled the money off the light during the middle of a set against "onepockethacker" over on 1pocket.org when he realized he was in a bad game?

Rob Melrose and Dennis were playing 10 ball a race to 15 for $1,000. Melrose was getting the breaks and ball in hand after the break. Dennis came from way down to tie the match at 8-8 and decided to quit. He broke down his cue and Rob Melrose took the money from the light. Melrose later gave him most of the money back settling for $150 instead of the $1,000.

dogginda9

I need a vacation.
Silver Member
Rob Melrose and Dennis were playing 10 ball a race to 15 for $1,000. Melrose was getting the breaks and ball in hand after the break. Dennis came from way down to tie the match at 8-8 and decided to quit. He broke down his cue and Rob Melrose took the money from the light. Melrose later gave him most of the money back settling for $150 instead of the $1,000.
That's some strong weight right there. Takes confidence to give a player like Rob that kind of weight. Must have been a tough playing table.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
That's some strong weight right there. Takes confidence to give a player like Rob that kind of weight. Must have been a tough playing table.

No doubt. Definitely would have bet on Melrose in that game - I have no idea how Dennis got back to even.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw that incident. It was at The Southern Classic in Tunica, Ms in the action room.
Dennis tried to say since they were even he could quit :shrug:
Pretty sure Dennis knew the game was no good thought it was worth a try and it worked.:smile:
Rob had every right to insist they finish the set or keep the up money lol

Last edited:

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No doubt. Definitely would have bet on Melrose in that game - I have no idea how Dennis got back to even.

According to Rob, he took it easy to let Dennis back in hoping he could get him for a second set but Dennis knew he was in a bad game and tried to bail.

Last edited:

poolnut7879

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw that incident. It was at The Southern Classic in Tunica, Ms in the action room.
Pretty sure Dennis knew the game was no good thought it was worth a try and it worked.:smile:

Worth a try and it worked. Other than resorting to violence what was Rob supposed to do? He probably assumed that Dennis was stand up when it came to gambling but assumed wrong.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I like DO however he loves a game in his favor as anyone would but bailing on a game he made and doesn't like he simply should ask to end it or play it out or pay up

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Worth a try and it worked. Other than resorting to violence what was Rob supposed to do? He probably assumed that Dennis was stand up when it came to gambling but assumed wrong.

^^^^^^ is 1000% true.

I like DO as a person but, admire him as a player.

DO has done a couple "questionable" things that I've witnessed.

I don't know everything about DO but, in general, IMO, DO is a good man.

He l, like most any good man, busts his a55 taking care of his family and has been doing so long before he stepped foot on US soil.

Yes, he reneged on a bet. That alone does not speak of character. DO has a ton of heart and character on and off the pool table.

To Jay:

You say DO makes bad bets. I say he don't. Sure, he's made a couple in hus entire life where he regretted it. In general, DO is good enough to turn what we call a bad bet into a lock.

As you know, he is much more a monster than most know when EVERYTHING is on the line.

BTW, Alex is same way in 1hole. A beast when under a big gun.

Jeff

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
According to Rob, he took it easy to let Dennis back in hoping he could get him for a second set but Dennis knew he was in a bad game and tried to bail.

I was told the VERY SAME thing from a very reliable source.

DO has been known to give what "seemed" to be the nuts. In a few instances, for example, DO give Rob the breaks and bih.....that's one of just a couple times that DO actually made a bad game.....a very bad game.

That being said. Lol.....as bad of a game as that was, DO was still able to come back and tie Rob's score until he drug up and quit. <<<<<< is STRONG, STRONG, STRONG to come back that much in that game.

Just shows how much DO can give and still take the $$$ and all the while looking like he is in a "bad game"....

Lol

Jeff

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I was told the VERY SAME thing from a very reliable source.

DO has been known to give what "seemed" to be the nuts. In a few instances, for example, DO give Rob the breaks and bih.....that's one of just a couple times that DO actually made a bad game.....a very bad game.

That being said. Lol.....as bad of a game as that was, DO was still able to come back and tie Rob's score until he drug up and quit. <<<<<< is STRONG, STRONG, STRONG to come back that much in that game.

Just shows how much DO can give and still take the $$$ and all the while looking like he is in a "bad game"....

Lol

Jeff

If somebody lays down to get you for a 2nd set, it's the exact opposite of what you posted.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
dont know if this is true or not
but possibly
dennis could be thinking
there arent alot of guys that can beat the 10 ball ghost
once he misses i am going to get out of his safes and eventually run out.
this guy doesnt look like a "player"
those that know rob know his stroke is quirky looking and he is a big guy
dennis found out his assumptions were wrong and made a bad bet
icbw

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
dont know if this is true or not
but possibly
dennis could be thinking
there arent alot of guys that can beat the 10 ball ghost
once he misses i am going to get out of his safes and eventually run out.
this guy doesnt look like a "player"
those that know rob know his stroke is quirky looking and he is a big guy
dennis found out his assumptions were wrong and made a bad bet
icbw

Rob has to have the weakest break by far for a guy his size. Lol