Finally - 1916 Custom Order Brunswick Kling

MN Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well here she is. Had it up and running several hours ago but could not refrain from knocking a couple of balls around before taking some pictures. The facing on the pocket leather has not been attacked yet but otherwise she's complete. Pockets have 3/8" facings but still measure an honest 5" at the corners. My friend and I played a few racks and both of us jawed more than a few of them in the corners so they don't play too easy. This thing actually plays like your shooting on glass, it's that smooth. The 1.5" hundred year old slate is amazing. The Simonis 860 doesn't hurt either :D. New cushions, cloth and pockets dress her out pretty nice. Hope you like it.

Kling004.jpg

Kling001-1.jpg

Kling002-1.jpg

Kling003-1.jpg

Cheers,
RG

Here are the original threads

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=170898
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=185718

Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RG...Truly a thing of beauty, function, style, and class! I'm sure it plays as good as it looks! Nice job! :thumbup: You should enter it into the BD "Best Home Room" contest later this year!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Congrats

Congrats on such a beautiful Table. It is beautiful. That is something to be proud of.

PS; I have orbs too on my photos that I posted of my game room.

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
I grew up with one of these in our home and starting playing regularly
at 8 yrs. old.
Sadly, my parents divorced after 47 yrs. of marriage and the Kling was
sold when my father moved out.
I played on 5x10's throughout my U.S. Navy career and most were OLD
Brunswicks.
They just don't come any nicer in my estimation.

Thanks for the pictures and enjoy that Beautiful Kling.

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simply marvelous! You've done a fantastic job restoring that beauty. Now enjoy playing. Thanks so much for all the pics during the restoration.

levka

Registered
Awesome table. I set one of these up for customer in Ottawa few years back and its worth every dollar that customer put in renovating it.

One thing that would make your table look even better is fringe pockets like on picture below. A set like that will cost you around $150-$200, but will make it look absolutely spectacular.

IMG_0922.JPG

Last edited:

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
That is truly a gorgeous table and I'm sure it plays as good as it looks. Enjoy!
:p

ChazL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great job restoring a classic Kling. With a fresh coat of finish the color and grain of the wood really stand out.

I'm sure that this restoration is a great source of pride, and hope that the table will bring you many years of pleasure. Congratulations.

MN Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, now let's get to the important stuff--what tonearm and cartridge are you running there?

Origin Live Silver tonearm and Shelter 501 mk.II cartridge. Table is a Teres Audio model 320 (no longer made). Amplification (not in these pictures) are Atmosphere MP-3 pre and M-60 amps (proudly made right here in MN). Talon Khorus speakers (also no longer made) round out the package.

Cheers,
RG

MN Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome table. I set one of these up for customer in Ottawa few years back and its worth every dollar that customer put in renovating it.

One thing that would make your table look even better is fringe pockets like on picture below. A set like that will cost you around $150-$200, but will make it look absolutely spectacular.

I agree, the fringe pockets would take it up a notch. I'll likely get a set in the future.

RG

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Beautiful table, MN. They really knew how to do it back then, and your job of restoration is top notch. :)

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful table and restoration. Enjoy that bad-boy.

Ever hear of this new-fangled invention called a CD? :D

I keed.

Scott <<== has the urge to bust out a turntable

MN Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful table and restoration. Enjoy that bad-boy.

Ever hear of this new-fangled invention called a CD? :D

I keed.

Scott <<== has the urge to bust out a turntable

I think I enjoyed it a little too much last night. Now I remember why game night was delegated to Friday nights. Had two days to recover. Work is going to be rough today. Worth it though.

The ceedee player died a couple of years ago. Don't really miss it at all :D but will get another some day. They're really handy for those times when a few too many beers have been consumed. Cueing up a favorite album after a few too many can turn that album into an oversized coaster with one slip of the needle.

RG

Thunderball

Auto rep for belly laughs
Silver Member
Dude. That is one badass table. Bad Ass.

Followed the restore work too...sweet stuff.

This might my favorite table design ever.

Enjoy bud. You have earned it.