I should know this BUT...cue extention help please

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm 53 years old and my height is only going down! lol. How do the cue extensions work? I'm talking about the butt extensions without the cuff. Is it a custom job or do you take out the weight screw. I know...I'm in my cave.
Thanks everyone.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm 53 years old and my height is only going down! lol. How do the cue extensions work? I'm talking about the butt extensions without the cuff. Is it a custom job or do you take out the weight screw. I know...I'm in my cave.
Thanks everyone.

There are different types.

A good number of them have a screw/pin that screws into the weight bolt and/or a custom bumper.

Some thread into the same threads the weight bolt does, but you need to pull the bumper off each time you want to use it, assuming you dont leave it on all the time.

https://www.seyberts.com/pool-cue-butt-extensions

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone.
Contact Rick Roper on FB. Great guy and makes really nice CF extensions. Makes them for a lot of different cues.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The best Extension I ever has was a Hagger, they are no longer made. Worked well, inexpensive, and I was DUMB for selling mine.

I keep hoping someone will do a copy of the idea, and make it again.

Also their is a ton of extension available on e-bay most made off shore, and reasonable.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i use the extension all the time when i have one

Jc made me one and I played the best pool of my life with it

I sold it when I got an offer and sent him the money because
he had given me the cue

JC is making great cues with and without the extensions

I find that I hold the cue at a different place,seem to have alonger bridge with the extension,
tend to stroke better and the weight is higher and gives me more power

my cue weighed 24 ounces and I had only afew minutes getting used to it

I have tried other long cues and enjoyed them also
it might just fit me,or it might be good for everyone

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Thanks everyone.

I had a RAT cue, send it to ryan and he made me an extension to match the cue. If youre a xustom guy youll need a custom job. I still regret selling that cue, hes underrated. Otherwise you can buy production cues with the bells and whistles.