Chicago for the Summer

raemondo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi guys,

I will be interning in Chicago for the summer (end May - mid Aug) and if there are any AZers in the area who would like to meet up, I'd definitely love some friendly games!

I will be living in the Hyde Park area and because I have not been out to too many chicagoland pool halls, I will probably be frequently Chris's billiards on Miwaukee and Pro-tyme if possible.

Let me know!

Onemoreyouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey, i'm probably a little out of your way(northwest side) but i am right off I90 and have an eight footer we can shoot on all day for free!

just let me know if your interested.

rukiddingme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris's has an 8 ball tournament on Wed. nights and a 9 ball on Sunday nights.
Chicago Billiard Cafe has a 9 Ball tournament on Thursdays.
Maybe we could meeet at Chris's some night.
ruk

A

a_susie_cue

There are so many pool halls all over the Chicago area. You have Red Shoes, Pockets, and Cue Time all pretty close to the south side. Then there is G-Cue and City Pool Hall which are downtown. There are about half a dozen on the north side. If you care to venture to the northern burbs, there is Premiere, Slate Steet, Cue N You and even more.

Most of them have tournaments.

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
jjinfla said:
I believe George Fels frequents the one downtown close to his condo on the lake.

He's often at Chris's on Milwaukee. Don't see him speaking with too many people though... Hmmmm... Usually just comes in and takes a specific table with large pockets and shoots straight pool by himself.

Flex

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Flex said:
He's often at Chris's on Milwaukee. Don't see him speaking with too many people though... Hmmmm... Usually just comes in and takes a specific table with large pockets and shoots straight pool by himself.

Flex

He also plays 14.1 in a league at Red Shoes on Mondays. Their pockets are pretty stingy.

Eydie Romano

Finally Retired!
Silver Member
Thursday Night Tournament at Pro-Tyme in Orland Park, about 30 minutes from the loop.

More events weekly at many different places. I will let you know. It will be great meeting you!

Hugs,

Eydie

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
dmgwalsh said:
He also plays 14.1 in a league at Red Shoes on Mondays. Their pockets are pretty stingy.

Glad to hear that! Thanks for the info.

Just wondering why someone would normally choose a relatively easy table in a poolroom with more than 40 tables, especially considering that particular table is in a high traffic area, leading to another room? If the idea is to run larger numbers of balls, it'll definitely help in that area. Seems to me if someone is playing competitively they'd like to practice on tables that are as tough or tougher than those they'll be competing on. Just a thought.

Flex

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Flex said:
Glad to hear that! Thanks for the info.

Just wondering why someone would normally choose a relatively easy table in a poolroom with more than 40 tables, especially considering that particular table is in a high traffic area, leading to another room? If the idea is to run larger numbers of balls, it'll definitely help in that area. Seems to me if someone is playing competitively they'd like to practice on tables that are as tough or tougher than those they'll be competing on. Just a thought.

Flex

I'm guessing he wants to hit the magic 100 number some more. He mentioned that he had run 70 about a month ago.

WuClan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He also teaches the Tuesday night, Pool mini-course at Northwestern University in Evanston.