What is ir Strange Cue on E-bay

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black-Balled said:
dunno, but to pay $1700+ in '77...must not be the wisest shopper!

LOL, I was actually thinking the same thing, unless it was Gus' fanciest cue......

pawnmon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mystery cue

I am fairly certain that this cue is from the Helmstetter 97 series. Look at the top of page 114 in the Book of Pool Cues 3rd Edition. That cue looks very much, though not exactly, like the one on ebay. Also the story is pretty unlikely. More than $1,500.00 for a cue in 1977 was nearly unheard of.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
And I don't think ...

that we had phenolic ferrules in 1977. I have seen that design before. Trying to place it ... Maybe $750 in 1977, not $1,700 though.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pawnmon said:
I am fairly certain that this cue is from the Helmstetter 97 series. Look at the top of page 114 in the Book of Pool Cues 3rd Edition. That cue looks very much, though not exactly, like the one on ebay. Also the story is pretty unlikely. More than $1,500.00 for a cue in 1977 was nearly unheard of.

I was gonna guess Helmstetter as well, but the butt-piece throwded me off...I have seen a Gunn cue that was a good match too...

wannaplaySOME?

stack it up!
Silver Member
cue

a friend of mine says that based on the joint screw, his best guess is a palmer, but he swears its not from 1977, and no one should ever have paid $1700 for any cue back then...

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not an expert on this stuff but my first impression was Palmer. But looking closer it's very similar to an Adams cue I owned in 1974-5
Cost me about $100.

sheaprek

At least I made the shot
Hanbat

I could be wrong but this cue looks like a Korean made cue (Hanbat). The design is right. I looked up their home page (hanbatbilliards.com) and they don't have all their models but they have one that is close to this cue.