View Single Post
This thread is about Joe Hood
Old
  (#11)
hunger strike
AzB Silver Member
hunger strike has a reputation beyond reputehunger strike has a reputation beyond reputehunger strike has a reputation beyond reputehunger strike has a reputation beyond reputehunger strike has a reputation beyond reputehunger strike has a reputation beyond reputehunger strike has a reputation beyond reputehunger strike has a reputation beyond reputehunger strike has a reputation beyond reputehunger strike has a reputation beyond reputehunger strike has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 750

This thread is about Joe Hood - 11-22-2011, 03:35 PM

Nobody needs to proofread a compliment. The thread is an informative observation about Joe Hood. I am not a book collector; I have some rare billiard books because I collect billiard antiques and come across some. But they are very, very poor investments. If you are upset at people reprinting them, and 90 more have been copied, then that emphasizes why you should be less upset at me and my acquaintances who are responsible for printing two or three. No, my compliment stands. And I don't know or need to know who you are. But the fact that I post information and you still probably don't know who I am illustrates that I have taken my valuable time to try to add to and share billiard history rather than hoard it. If I were out to glorify myself, then you would all know my name, and you don't. On here, I am just a dude, trying to spread some interesting information. If you don't like said sharing, which you apparently don't, then you must not stop at protesting a Joe Hood reprint; you must protest all sharing of billiard history, including this entire section of AZ. Which means you may continue to be upset if you keep reading this great section. The Joe Hood book is over 100 years old and is thus far out of copyright. So copying it at a loss is not a copyright violation, it is a favor to historians and trick shot afficionados. When Eggert copied it long ago, well that's possibly a different story. I appreciate seeing something that was previously hoarded by guys who tend to bid up every available copy to prevent what is an inevitable loss of value in a world where Ebay discoveries outpace new collectors daily.

"I don't mind stealin' bread from the mouths of decadence.... but I can't feed on the powerless, when my cup's already over-filled"

Last edited by hunger strike; 11-22-2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: to finish....