View Single Post
Old
  (#2)
mohrt
Student of the Game
mohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 400

02-06-2013, 11:53 AM

I'm sure Stan will be responding to this, but it is important to understand that CTE is a visual system, not an angle system. You can't reliably chose the pivots based on angles and ball distances alone. The shots on the DVD are specifically purposed to unlock the visuals for the other zillions of shots on the table.

An eye opener for me was shot 29-22. I would have thought this was an inside pivot (R) but it is actually an outside (L). It is borderline. However, that same angle on another part of the table could be an inside pivot.

Fortunately the number of recognized visuals needed is short. Although this appears to be a HAMB type of progression, it is more like HATB -- hit a thousand balls. For each visual you learn to recognize, you unlock a whole lot of other ones similar to it.

http://www.billiardsthegame.com/ Taking your game to the next level.