View Single Post
Old
  (#14)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member
stan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-07-2013, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderWebComm View Post
If CB/OB distance is 1 diamond or less, you always adjust to the next thinner OB target. So, for a left thick cut where LCBE goes to OBA, once you get within a diamond distance you go to OBB. Conversely, after about 4 diamonds (I think that's correct -- someone correct me if I'm wrong), you go to 1 target thicker (OBB to OBA for instance).
For CB OB relationships closer than 1 diamond on a 9 ft. table.

**If the relationship is near straight-in, the perception changes to a 7/8 overlap. So, for a very close zero angle shot there are 2 solutions.
LCBE TO LOB1/8 with CTE to ROBE
Right 1/2 tip manual pivot or right visual sweep.
Very short bridge distance required for the manual pivot and also recommended as well for the right visual sweep.
OR
RCBE TO ROB1/8 with CTE TO LOBE.
Same as above but reversed.

Depending on the slightness of the cut for these near straight-in type shots, the pivot or sweep can be from either direction.

*** There are no further adjustments for CB OB relationships closer than 1 diamond. The typical cut shots at this close distance should be treated like any other regular cut shot.

Stan Shuffett