View Single Post
Old
  (#17)
kiddcutty
AzB Silver Member
kiddcutty has a reputation beyond reputekiddcutty has a reputation beyond reputekiddcutty has a reputation beyond reputekiddcutty has a reputation beyond reputekiddcutty has a reputation beyond reputekiddcutty has a reputation beyond reputekiddcutty has a reputation beyond reputekiddcutty has a reputation beyond reputekiddcutty has a reputation beyond reputekiddcutty has a reputation beyond reputekiddcutty has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-05-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcue View Post
Where was I when this thread was current?

Away back in 1988 AD, I purchased 100 or so Duffs - from the factory. 8 were Sneakies,
6 were Ebony 1piece.

All the regular house cues had Red Leaf logos. and were 57 in.

All the Sneakies had Green Leaf and were 58 in. It seemed to me they were intended
for the US market because they had 13 mm Pro taper shafts with the pin in the butt.

BTW - the butts and shafts were 29 inches in length.

The Ebony 1piece had WHITE Leaf logos on a black background - just like every other
Ebony Duff I have ever seen, never saw a black leaf, don't expect I ever will.

About 10-ish years prior to that time I purchased 100 Duff house cues for a whopping
$6 each. And yes, I do wish I still had them at that price. I believe they had just
started selling in the US and were going after the niche held by Katz, the premium
house cue at that time.

They were 57 in and all had Red leaf - as I recall, the 'pro' taper was longer on these
earlier versions. Katz didn't have pro taper.

Dale
Maybe you can tell me what can of Duff I have. It's a green leaf with a flat laminated 13mm shaft. Aluminum Joint. Pin in the shaft.
Also there are chevrons going all the up the shaft to the the tip indicating the "sweet spot". The chevrons line up perfectly with the butterfly and the 19oz weight stamp.
Attached Images