View Single Post
Old
  (#3)
Maniac
2manyQ's
Maniac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-24-2019, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff87 View Post

I donít know if there is a magic cue for breaking. Iíve got a bk3, light with phenolic tip that works really well...but sometimes I go with my cheap 21oz action break/jump when I feel like a heavy hitting slower break. My playing cue has a 314 with a water buffalo tip and especially with 9 ball on small tables I use it to break as well and itís freakin sweet. Just some thoughts
IMHO there is no magical break cue, I often see that many pros don't always stick with the same break cue whether they are sponsored or not.

FTR, I also have a cheap Action J/B cue (@19oz.) that I use at home and yet another in my case that I take to "dive" bars when I'm going alone. Those cues break a rack of 8 and 9-ball as good as any cue I've ever broke with.

So there you have it. Is a successful 9-ball break about the cue...or technique...or strength? I don't know, but my feeling is that it is a combination of the three and not just on the cue itself. I believe the cue may be the lesser component of a good break.

I'm not a very good shooter/player but I have a high percentage of balls made on my breaks coupled with acceptable cue ball control, so I feel like my response on this thread is somewhat valid.

Lorider...I don't know what to tell you, but I admire your willingness to work at what you love. Keep experimenting. Someday, hopefully, something will click and it will just all fall into place.

Maniac

Playing cues: 2 Larry Vigus 60" customs, Jacoby D11 w/314-2
Break/jump cues: Larry Vigus 60"dedicated break, Jerico Stinger, Jacoby jump cue
Cases: JB Ultimate Rugged 3x6, 2 Sterling Wave 4x8's, Sterling butterfly

"I try to think, but nothing happens!" Curly Howard