Mechanic in Central PA w/ Ridgeback Experience

coxcol15

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone do work in central Pennsylvania? Ive got an older 7 foot Valley with Ridgeback pro cut rails. Bought the table from a guy on Facebook, have owned it a little over two years. Plays good but its time to get rid of the woolen cloth and replace it with worsted. Im open to suggestions but would most likely go with Simonis 860hr. Ive got a couple local mechanics but no one that has experience with the extra tight pockets.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Bolting on the Ridgeback rails does not take a ton of skill. I think I might be confused. So, you have some mechanics that can properly stretch Simonis, but, can't recover/ install the rails properly??

Trent from Toledo

coxcol15

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bolting on the Ridgeback rails does not take a ton of skill. I think I might be confused. So, you have some mechanics that can properly stretch Simonis, but, can't recover/ install the rails properly??

Trent from Toledo

My bad, it already has the Ridgebacks on it. The local guy I talked to has done one other table with them and he claimed it was a bit of a *****. He basically only recovers standard valleys at various bars/fire halls in the area. When it comes to me, I'm pretty picky, I want as nice of a job as the table allows. Also, I had told him about 6 weeks ago I was ready but he also has a full time job, so my table obviously hasn't been a priority.

I just figured I'd see if there was a mechanic on here that services my area and possibly get a quote if they're passing through anytime soon.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
The Pro rails have a thicker rail block. Because of that, a standard 6" wide rail cloth needs to be installed very carefully. Better to cut them at 6 1/2", and avoid the struggle.