View Single Post
Old
  (#6)
RiverCity
~Chuck Fields~
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-15-2019, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergruven View Post
thanks river
the tip was a gift, I'm not sure what it is exactly
but I paid for it, and also it's eventual replacement
when tips fluff out like this, are they automatically bunk or ?
I was thinking about trying an elkmaster next..never tried one before
The typically will continue to flake when they blow out like that, best to just replace it.

Elkmasters are so soft, you can shape them, pound some center ball hits, and the tip will be flattened out almost completely. I have tried various milk duds over the years, and have never been impressed. If you want a tip that hits 'medium' hard, start with one that is designed to do so.

Tips arent rocket science, some are complete shit off the get go, and others are good. Which one you prefer is just that, up to your personal preferences.

Most of the name brands you hear bandied about are fine tips, find one you like and stick to it.

Some people will inevitably talk shit about some brands because of a bad experience. Some might be based on counterfeit tips, of which there are a lot of, so if you want to buy your own tips, buy from trusted online retailers.

I don't like making plans for the day, because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.

Player: Joss w/ 314-3
Breaker: Poison
Case: JB Cases