View Single Post
Snake Wood Points
Old
  (#3)
CueCaps
AzB Silver Member
CueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

Snake Wood Points - 09-23-2019, 10:08 AM

Hey Guys.
Since no one is posting..
To much haters and boycotters..
So, I post, or, there's nothing. Right?

Here is some Snake Wood Points.

When doing small items with Snake Wood, or, any other item with character,
it's hard to capture it's features. I was lucky to get this Snake Wood Bar with lots of small "Eyes"..
Look at the Snake Wood Points. If it was regular Snake Wood, the Points would have just blotchy black spots.
No Snake Wood looks/appeal.

They are to be slid into v slots of the same angle of the Points.
15 degree Snake Wood, 30 Degree for the Resin Xory Points.
They are not "Inlayed".. As, there is no real true "Pocket", or, "Nest".
They are not "Spliced in", as, Standard Cue Points are done.
The method is used so I can cut the tendon at the base/bottom section of the points,
then, slide the Joint Ring Assembly over that tendon, having a nice clean cut Mating face between the Body and the Joint Ring assembly.
No need to control the inlay pocket size.

So much work to prep and bring all of this to reality.
from an idea/vision in my head, to the actual piece you and I can hold and look at..
Art is so satisfying.. But, it is sad, that "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"..

Think about that..

Namu Amida Butsu

Alton Takata < Impermanence
Attached Images