What is your high run in 14.1?

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mine is 154. Made it on match to 125 and continued.:smile:
I think I am now a lot stronger player but not too much time for 14.1.
Got new table for our new private club with "easy" 11.5cm pockets. Maybe now I can put new record effort because I last years played mainly 4-inch pocket(10cm) table. Thats way too hard for big 14.1 numbers. Only few century runs on that table.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i usually have big trouble running 15 balls,
but i ran 50 balls once with a lot of luck including
drawing the ball into the rack and getting lucky

recently i have been playing on my home table and i
think i got into the 30s,but i find the game to be
frustrating

i wish i could run 100 balls before i am through playing,
but it seems unrealistic

dean

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Several years ago in the days when my late friend, the great Pat Howey was still playing, I ran 187. Sadly there was no one present to verify the run so I originally didn't post it on the forum. PM'ed one of our most distinguished members with my dilemma. He suggested posting it anyway as everyone on AZ was on the honor system anyway. Several verified 150's though. These days I struggle to get into a third rack! Strange how those patterns disappear when you don't play regularly.

Lyn

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Several years ago in the days when my late friend, the great Pat Howey was still playing, I ran 187. Sadly there was no one present to verify the run so I originally didn't post it on the forum. PM'ed one of our most distinguished members with my dilemma. He suggested posting it anyway as everyone on AZ was on the honor system anyway. Several verified 150's though. These days I struggle to get into a third rack! Strange how those patterns disappear when you don't play regularly.

Lyn

30 + years of 9 ball will do that to ya, for sure!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Most of the straight pool I have played in my life was from 1975-2000. Back then, I ran 91 .... twice. Probably haven't played more than five hundred total points of straight pool in New York in the last ten years combined.

Stones

YEAH, I'M WOOFING AT YOU!
Silver Member
Back in the late 60's, 14.1 was much more popular than it is today. ABC Wide World of Sports televised matches back then.

I met a friend of mine at the poolroom and we decided to play some straight pool.

We'd been playing for about an hour when I caught a gear. I had a run of 68.

When I looked up, my friend wasn't in his chair. I thought he might have gone to the restroom. I waited for a few minutes and then checked the restroom. He wasn't there.

Then, I noticed his cue and case were gone. I walked to the front door and realized his car was gone. I packed up, paid my time and headed home.

About an hour later, I called his house and he answered sounding pizzed off.

I asked him why the hell did he leave and not tell me.

He said " I'm not paying 60 cents an hour to watch YOU play pool!" LOL

A couple of months later, I had a high run of 123.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great story Stones! :grin: Most people here can't even remember paying $.60 an hour rates...although there are a few oldsters (NY Larry for example) that remember a houseman racking and collecting a nickle or dime a game! Thanks for putting a smile on my face! :grin:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Back in the late 60's, 14.1 was much more popular than it is today. ABC Wide World of Sports televised matches back then.

I met a friend of mine at the poolroom and we decided to play some straight pool.

We'd been playing for about an hour when I caught a gear. I had a run of 68.

When I looked up, my friend wasn't in his chair. I thought he might have gone to the restroom. I waited for a few minutes and then checked the restroom. He wasn't there.

Then, I noticed his cue and case were gone. I walked to the front door and realized his car was gone. I packed up, paid my time and headed home.

About an hour later, I called his house and he answered sounding pizzed off.

I asked him why the hell did he leave and not tell me.

He said " I'm not paying 60 cents an hour to watch YOU play pool!" LOL

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kind of pisses me off. When I first started playing 14.1 about 2 years ago I had a mid-fifties on tape, but lost it because I figured that'd be a routine-ish run. Last week I ran a 47 on tape, my best since then. I won't be losing that one til I top it.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... He said " I'm not paying 60 cents an hour to watch YOU play pool!" LOL

But, but, but .... If he left during that one too, you have no witnesses.:thumbup:

I had a similar experience. The first time I ran a 50 (59 as I recall), when I was at about 30 my opponent said he had no interest in watching any more and went to another table. Those tables were in a day room, so they were free.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My PB is 165 which I ran in practice about year and half back. My plan for this year is to re-dedicate myself to 14-1 practice which I rarely did in last couple of years, my main goal for this year is to make 200+ run;)

Last edited:

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can only claim breaking into a second rack a few times, but I think I get frustrated by it at a pretty high level :D

Skess

Another sidearmer...
Silver Member
I ran 98 once. Other than that, my high run is 64. When I'm playing a lot, I'll hang around the 20's/30's.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Got my old A. Hopkins tapes out the other day.
He ran 110 at age 12!!!!
B. Cranefield ran over a hundred at a real young age too.
WTF?
Makes me wanna quit! Lol

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got my old A. Hopkins tapes out the other day.
He ran 110 at age 12!!!!
B. Cranefield ran over a hundred at a real young age too.
WTF?
Makes me wanna quit! Lol

Tiger Woods broke 50 (48) for nine holes at age 3!! Legit course too. Might be the most unbelievable age/sport thing there is.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
38 and I played the tougher shot on my run to get a 3rd rack runout.....Stupid idea.
I should have played the easier shot. Instead, I overanalyzed the table layout and
tried to make something happen sooner than I needed to.....my ego did me in on
that run. Funny thing is I actually let the run get in my head and started thinking to
myself i’m not going to miss today. That’s when I chose the harder shot on the table
to get my 3rd rack out of the way and I screwed up. There were two easier balls I
should have played. I let my ego write a check that my pool skills couldn’t cover.....Duh.

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
59 on a dirty and somewhat tough 9 foot table. I've had many 50+ but I don't play as much as I used to. This year I've run a 42, but most days struggle to get to 20.