View Single Post
Old
  (#44)
Straightpool_99
I see dead balls
Straightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-16-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
sure, because you "crunched" the numbers and it all works, right? LOL

what about the other folks competing for jobs with illegals. What about wages stagnated because illegals do work for less. What about all that extra crime. What about their carbon footprint on the planet? What about the additional garbage they will create. What about all that money being sent back home.

Actually, I can't think of one positive thing illegals bring to this country, not one.
Well, you do get cheap babysitters, gardeners, dishwashers etc...If they weren't so in demand, people wouldn't hire them. I bet the people who whine the most have at one time or other hired an illegal to do some yard work...To me it seems like a paradox, how most right wingers claim to be so much against illegal immigrants. They circumvent unions, minimum wage, labour laws, work safety regulations, all the stuff you think is bad. No need for any processes or courts, if you don't like someone, they blow the whistle on your shady practises just report them and have them deported. Or you could just shoot them and bury them in the yard. It's not like the police would care to look for them.

Plus low wages adds revenue to the companies that hire them. The people who own these companies will reinvest this money much better than the people who work for them, according to the trickle down logic of conservatives, so it's much better for society. You'll get all the wealth concentrated in the most competent hands. You really should encourage more to come over. Then you can have the Dickensian nightmare of Laizzes-faire capitalism. 19th century London FTW. Smog, starvation, child labour, illiteracy, epidemics and you didn't even have to change the law. The law is mostly bullshit, anyway, people have way too many rights, right? Hiring an illegal is a perfect market. You want the yard fixed and the house painted? Jose will do it for a sandwich, but Pablo will do it for half a sandwich and doesn't require any safety equipment or breaks. No interference, the invisible hand will guide every transaction. It's easy to see how that will benefit the working class, especially. So many job opportunities, with no regulations of any kind to hold you back.

Last edited by Straightpool_99; 08-16-2019 at 12:54 PM.