View Single Post
Old
  (#14)
I miss alot
AzB Silver Member
I miss alot has a reputation beyond reputeI miss alot has a reputation beyond reputeI miss alot has a reputation beyond reputeI miss alot has a reputation beyond reputeI miss alot has a reputation beyond reputeI miss alot has a reputation beyond reputeI miss alot has a reputation beyond reputeI miss alot has a reputation beyond reputeI miss alot has a reputation beyond reputeI miss alot has a reputation beyond reputeI miss alot has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-26-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB.M View Post
Those can be a real fun task to get out especially when they are bent... it looks as if they took pin nails and cut them down and had to of used a power nailer to shoot them in because they bent as they were going in or some seem to just barely penetrate the trim and get cobbled up...some rails you can knock the trim loose and some donít want to budge.... some can be removed easier than others.. there is many thousands of GC3ís out there for you to sharpen your skills on.
Go get emí

Rob.M
I came up with a better idea that looks very good. I'm in the process of refinishing a Gold Crown 3 and I took all the metal components to a powder coat place to have them done in gloss black, 12 pieces for only $125 bucks, this included all castings, ball grill, Brunswick emblem, and the four feet. Great deal for sure. So when it comes to the trim... I walked over to a Vinyl wrap shop and spoke to a guy that could wrap the trim on each rail for a total cost of $245. It is the thicker more durable type and it hide every scratch and looked very good, they come in just about any color or texture. You could do gold or chrome and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference and this way you don't have to tear up all the wood and the headache of messing with it. To each is own but after we laid a piece on there as an example I was sold on it. Ill post pics as I get further along in this project. I also want to do the leveling myself and have some question on that but will post a new thread for it.