BCA and Coca Cola

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
"Broomfield, Colo. - September 22, 2010 -- The Billiard Congress of America today announced it has finalized an unprecedented national partnership with Coca-Cola that provides pool room members of the association with national account pricing on the Coca-Cola family of products. In addition to preferred pricing, members of the Billiard Congress of America committing to exclusively pour Coca-Cola product receive free state-of-the-art equipment, national promotions and business building support."THIS ABOVE FROM AZ FRONT PAGE more...

I think this deal with Coke is great for the BCA and poolroom members. Maybe this is the start of some sponsored pro tournaments from Coke. That would be great for the players and pool fans and might attract more mainstream sponsors if the players act like pro sports figures. Who knows maybe Coke will bring back the Masked Marvels. This could be a big thing if handled right. Johnnyt

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
"Broomfield, Colo. - September 22, 2010 -- The Billiard Congress of America today announced it has finalized an unprecedented national partnership with Coca-Cola that provides pool room members of the association with national account pricing on the Coca-Cola family of products. In addition to preferred pricing, members of the Billiard Congress of America committing to exclusively pour Coca-Cola product receive free state-of-the-art equipment, national promotions and business building support."THIS ABOVE FROM AZ FRONT PAGE more...

I think this deal with Coke is great for the BCA and poolroom members. Maybe this is the start of some sponsored pro tournaments from Coke. That would be great for the players and pool fans and might attract more mainstream sponsors if the players act like pro sports figures. Who knows maybe Coke will bring back the Masked Marvels. This could be a big thing if handled right. Johnnyt
I prefer Pepsi, but I'm willing to sell out if they offer sponsorship. :thumbup:

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
It won't last long. God Bless them for joining up, I hope it goes well but I doubt it will. Like someone else mentioned, the pros are gonna have to act like pros.
MULLY

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It won't last long. God Bless them for joining up, I hope it goes well but I doubt it will. Like someone else mentioned, the pros are gonna have to act like pros.
MULLY
I didn't see anything in the press release that indicated the marketing arrangement was linked to pro tournaments. I think it is mostly intended as a benefit for the rooms, which can definitely use the help.

OTB

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!
Silver Member
Its a step in the right direction but this deal in no way really helps pool rooms.........the cost i pay for my syrup and bottled products from Coke Cola is minimul. If they gave it to me free every month it still would not really help the bottom line. People coming thru the door and playing and booze is the money.........people dont have the disposible income they used to, the older generation are watching there money the younger are buying quads, jet ski's, new trucks, its like this.........hey Bob, you want to go shoot pool or you want to go rip up the gravel pit with the quad. We need more mid level jobs in america. The service industry, IE: McDonalds can not support Wendys to support Wal Mart...........Tell Big companys to stop shipping jobs to Canada and Mexico......:thumbup:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I didn't see anything in the press release that indicated the marketing arrangement was linked to pro tournaments. I think it is mostly intended as a benefit for the rooms, which can definitely use the help.

I know it didn't say anything about touraments but having Coke around billiards it could happen. Even if it started with small local tournaments. Having Coke around Billiards is not a bad thing. Many possibilities here. Johnnyt

mamono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it could be a step in the right direction, depends on how its done. We'll see how things turn out.

CallShotCowboy

AZB Rose Gold
Gold Member
Silver Member
A $$$ back GAURANTEE - really?!?!

Its a step in the right direction but this deal in no way really helps pool rooms.........the cost i pay for my syrup and bottled products from Coke Cola is minimul. If they gave it to me free every month it still would not really help the bottom line.

How do you know your Coke cost is minimal, and how does your cost compare to national account pricing? It's hard to say that it really doesn't help your bottom line unless you give them a call and actually hear what they have to say. I’ve heard from a couple room owners that you might save up to $10 for a 5 gallon bag of syrup. If you purchase 100 bags a year, that’s $1,000. Not a bad savings for a membership with the BCA.

Maybe these programs are worth looking into. It works and thrives for the bowling industry.

The BCA also stated that they GUARANTEE room operators will save money, and will give them their money back if they don't. So what do room ops really have to lose?

I would be interested to hear from some room operators that actually called the BCA to check it out.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Like someone else mentioned, the pros are gonna have to act like pros.

It all starts from the ground up; they have to be professional before they make it to the tour. That means all of us have to stop acting like old-school hustlers and not support those who do act this way. It means when a pro throws a tantrum people don't excuse it because they are a "great player". What company really wants their name associated with degenerate gamblers?

But back on topic, good job by the BCA to have a partnership like this and I hope room owners take advantage of the offer. Personal preference for Coke or Pepsi is irrelevant, as long as there are customers buying it. And a big thank you to Coca-Cola Bottling for joining up.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
This is a money back gurantee from the Billiard Congress of America. If the pool room doesn't save AT LEAST the amount of their dues, then the Billiard Congress of America will give them their dues back....

Not a bad deal.

Pool associated with Coca-Cola in any way shape or form, is a GOOD DEAL and like others have said, it could hold promises for the future but right now, it's GREAT for pool rooms.

I'll be so glad to get back to asking for a coke! :D

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
Anything that can help the bottom line for a pool hall to save money is OK in my book.

We'll see what the future will bring.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
This most definetely is a good thing. It may not be a huge money-saver, but if it saves the room owner anything, that's a positive.

More importantly, Coke is a HUGE name to have associated with pool. That can only help attract other sponsors, when they see that Coke is affiliated in at least some fashion, it lends credibility.

Great news. Small steps, but it is progress.

OTB

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!
Silver Member
$1000.00 is not going to help me keep my doors open, its called " The BCA " is looking for press time, hay look at us we gave the little guy a penny, we are swell. Stay paying your room owner fee's..... 10's of thousands of dollars are being lost in pool rooms, bars, etc. get a company to save me $10,000 + and & i will think this is nice........

How do you know your Coke cost is minimal, and how does your cost compare to national account pricing? It's hard to say that it really doesn't help your bottom line unless you give them a call and actually hear what they have to say. I’ve heard from a couple room owners that you might save up to $10 for a 5 gallon bag of syrup. If you purchase 100 bags a year, that’s $1,000. Not a bad savings for a membership with the BCA.

Maybe these programs are worth looking into. It works and thrives for the bowling industry.

The BCA also stated that they GUARANTEE room operators will save money, and will give them their money back if they don't. So what do room ops really have to lose?

I would be interested to hear from some room operators that actually called the BCA to check it out.

Last edited:

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
If anybody wants to know why pool can't land & keep a major corporate sponsor, they should read this thread.

Until the sport learns how to support companies that support them, pool will continue to be a small money sport.